Seat Removal.

N88 RBN

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m looking to remove the front seats on my 3dr A3 but I have a couple of questions;

Are the bolts single use, meaning they need to be replaced when removed?

When refitting the seats what torque do the bolts need to be set at?

Thanks
Nath

Hi All,

I’m looking to remove the front seats on my 3dr A3 but I have a couple of questions;

Are the bolts single use, meaning they need to be replaced when removed?

When refitting the seats what torque do the bolts need to be set at?

Thanks
Nath
Not single use, have removed and reinstalled loads of seats. Tight plus a quarter turn it what I do with no issues.

Edit: 40Nm is what the official repair documents state.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
bb9983290752e259d98eb90052ff4580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help both; I take it no loctite / threadlock is required either?

@T-1000 where do you find / how do you get access to these diagrams?

Thanks
Nath

AC1D035D 3346 4474 B05B E872E4A63F7E

Just make sure you disconnect the harness under the carpet before you pull them out.
They’re deceiving with regards to weight!

Reactions: Boydie and N.J.H
Anyone know what size spline drive that needs to be used?

10mm spline to remove - only 4 per seat with the plugs under each seat of which I think there are 3 each if memory serves me correctly

Don't do what I did if the seats are out, turn on the engine! I had no choice to be honest as I was removing my centre console and my DSG stick was in the way so had to turn it on to move into N. Brought up safety fault codes which had to be plugged into Vagcom to be removed.

Hi I’ve removed my front seats in my 3dr A3 to clean put them back and the seatbelt light and airbag lights are on. Does it need resetting is this a common problem thanks in advance joe

Ignore that just read that starting the engine ***** it up had to move the car

Reactions: Boydie
Ashton-under-Lyne My mates doing the not so gonna do it for me then cheers

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to remove/disassembling the seat base from the backrest. I've heard the super sport seats have the same seat base and was looking into just getting the setback from Audi and replacing the standard seatback

Thanks.