Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI 160

col6821

Reaction score
With the sale of my S3 completed I'm looking at the above. Anyone have any knowledge or information on these, they seem pretty quick at 160BHP and nearly 350Nm torque?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/

Yep not to bad!

Nice Brembo's & FMIC as standard with a good suspension set up :)

Should still see 35+ mpg on a blast

Revo/Jabba/CC.......ect should see you near 200bhp but dont hold much hope of your clutch lasting for long(£750 Sachs uprated replacement)

IMO not a good build as the Audi which is why I changed from Seat to Audi :)

On a trackday at Cadwell park a friend drove his 200 bhp Cupra Tdi and he was still getting 31mpg :icon_thumright:

I forgot to mention the damm light on most Seat's always steam up :motz:

Cheers S3Andy

I'm probably going to have a look at another one today, I've already joined seatcupra.net.

I'm interested in these too, although the 130tdi is more what i can afford - are they pretty cramped inside compared to an a3?

I'm not sure. On a test drive last week 'er indoors said there was more room in the back than in the S3, but she's a woman!

This is true, women seem to have very different criteria, what im more bothered about is the width of the car, is there room to the side for your elbow to sit?

I would say that I have more room in the S3 then the Ibiza ;)

Remember the key factor is Cupra TDi group 16 insurance TDi 130 group 7/8 insurance

IMO if I was going to have one again I would go for the Cupra TDi lots better as a standard car than the 130(If your thinking of tuning)

I have seen 54 plate Cupra Tdi's in the dealers under 10K ;)

I haven't seen any for under 10k as yet, they all seem to be about £10.5 - £11k around here.I went to see one this morning and it was a bit of a dog for a 54plate car.
They do seem narrow though...... perhaps spacers on the rear would rectify this look (oh no, I managed to own the S3 for 13 months without the need to modify it and I'm thinking about this already)...?

I have 130tdi and have had it since new and it is now 4.5yrs old. It is good for the price. I bought it because it had a big diesel engine in a small body. Great for economy. But it has quite high road noise, lack of grip and rattly trim. But it can't be that bad because I still have it.

If I was to do it again I would buy a Mk1 Leon tdi 150.

So whats it like driving alot of miles do you find yourself wishing you had a bigger car? I dont carry much or care about how much room my passengers have lol.

Do they have an armrest?

Anybody driven a tdi 130 and a fabia vrs, what are they like side by side

col6821 said:
With the sale of my S3 completed I'm looking at the above. Anyone have any knowledge or information on these, they seem pretty quick at 160BHP and nearly 350Nm torque?

i traded my 2004 53 plate SEAT ibiza for an AUDI.

SEAT was ok - build quality is a bit naff and seats are not supportive.

Watch out for

1. Intercooler pipe knocking on fuel filter
2. Rear washer pipes coming off motor. (flood boot)
3. Rear door access handle mech jamming (can't get in boot!!)
4. Wandering steering (electric pump type)