Seat folds but doesn't move forward!

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Wondering if I can pick your brains.

This is starting to annoy me now when I have passenger... When I press the seat release lever the seat folds forward, but refuses to phyically move forward on the rails... So I have to litterally use the front lever handle and slide it forward and back again manually...

Anyone know what I have to take apart to fix it possibly? Snapped cable maybe?

Thanks

Thanks for the super quick reply mate!

Right found it I think under section 72-174 under 'Adjusting Easy Entry Bowden Cable' but I'll be dammed if I understand what the heck it's going on about! Remove the seat haha... ok thought it may be simpler than that, shame! Guess it's why im not a mechanic LOL!

Where are you? If you are not too far from Bicester, I could take a look.

I have stripped an S3 recaro down completely in the past...

Cheers,

I'm in Northampton mate, not to far from Bicester at all.

Seriously? Wow don't know any techs at my VW place who can. I asked them for advice and they were all clueless about it. Would really appreciate that if you wouldn't mind mate...

Hi fran, i had the same problem when i got my S3 and the garage i got it from said it was the cable and supplyed me one with the car, anyway it turned out to be the mount the cable sits in, so if urs turns out to be the cable i have one just pm me if intersted

Fran,

No problem. I'm away from Wed-Mon, but could probably be around the following Sunday afternoon, 19th?

Cheers,

Hi fran, i had the same problem when i got my S3 and the garage i got it from said it was the cable and supplyed me one with the car, anyway it turned out to be the mount the cable sits in, so if urs turns out to be the cable i have one just pm me if intersted

Awesome thankyou! Yes pls if it turns out to be that. Interesting, so did u manage to fit the mount or did u have to buy a new one?

---

alijames superb yeah that should be fine mate, really appreciate that. Thanks a lot, will confirm closer the time.

Got the same problem with mine and i know what you mean it really does do you head in after a while

Little question, about the same subject so just taking the opportunity to post here:
When you fold your seat forward does it stay in that position or do you need to keep pressure on while jumping into the back seat? I find it quite annoying mine doesn't keep in the forward position until released by using the handle. Is it broken or perhaps a known production fault?

Fran

ive tryed mending the mount but the cable keeps popping off it so i will replace it at some stage but its a fairly big unit and i reckon it will be expensive.

Robert

Your chair should stay forward mate

i have this problem too. how exactly do you get to the cable in question?