SEAT Exeo Tdi cooling problems

Neville Ramsbottom

Hi.
Newbie here. I have a SEAT Exeo Tdi with a CAGA engine which has cooling problems. I have changed the main thermostat, the inline thermostat and the inline one way valve but still the coolant temp drops when outside temp goes below 8 deg when at a standstill. Its ok when going along. Is there something I have missed???
Thanks

The Jargen

The issue is undoubtedly the thermostats. If BEHR MAHLE are not the original supplier for the parts change them again.

As a side note do you have a manual or multitronic? I know some of the dsgs have a third thermostat connected to the transmission cooler, yours may be the same.

The Jargen

There isn't a DPF thermostat, it's air cooled not water cooled. There is a egr thermostat though and it seems like you haven't replaced it. That will be your next step.

Neville Ramsbottom

Hi,
As I said at the start of this post I have already replaced the main 3 branch manifold thermostat, the small inline thermostat at the back of the engine and the one way valve. All OEM parts. Engine still losing temperature when at a standstill and outside temp is less than 8 degrees but rises again when moving.
Did it this morning on way to work. outside temp 5.5 degrees. Engine temp dropped to 70 degrees when at a standstill.