Seat belt light

Fife-Bloke

Reaction score
hi everyone, dawned on me today (yes bad I know as I’ve had the car a month), that I don’t have a seatbelt warning light on the dashboard at all, even when sitting with no seat belt on (stationary in a car park just in case anyone asks)

I assume that the seat belt alert has therefore been deactivated for some reason? As I’m OCD about everything working as it should, can this be reactivated again? Don’t want the car having any possible issues with safety on a crucial piece of equipment.

If it has been coded out then yes it can be reactivated. You'll need Carista / VCDS or some other coding device to carry this out.
Do you get a seatbelt chime still if you move off without putting your seatbelt on, in which case could just indicate a dash bulb out.

Hi George, no chime at all as I did try it in a small
Industrial estate for a few yards as that did cross my mind.
Not sure why someone would do that being honest, and to me should be an MOT fail.
I’ll be getting that turned back on as soon as I can get someone with the equailmemt to do so

You might be better off buying something like Carista yourself as it always comes in handy and is very cheap for what you get. It makes turning things like a seatbelt warning on/off very easy and you might find some other customisations in there that you'd like turned on. It also doubles up as a code reader which can be handy sometimes.
If not, then someone on here may be able to assist if they live up your way, maybe check the VCDS map on this forum?

Reactions: Nitro_CR
How does the Carista work then? Don’t mind spending the money on one but no point if they’re hard to use

It couldn't be easier, you just need a phone which can connect to the Carista with Bluetooth and download the Carista Application. Then it is just a matter of using the menu to select the customisations you want turned on/off.

Great I’ll invest a wee bit cash on one then, cheers George

Reactions: George Crawley