seat back

banny

Reaction score
The plastic backing of my drivers seat has come away, (sport seat) is there anyway of repairing it.
Thanks for any help.

is there a repair kit for this, have seen on an American site there is, but no pics.

Right there is a repair, I have ordered it from Audi for just over nine quid, so does anyone know how to remove the back of the seat on the top part, is there a tool you use to get them out.
Thanks for any help.

The top of the seat is held in with 3 clips metal ones, they wont break but they are glued to the backing your removing, which is made of cardboard so be careful.The easiest way to remove this part is by prying out the two side as high as your able and then use a screw driver in the middle at the top of the seat try to be quick and pull and you should pop the cover off easily hope this helps:icon_thumright:

I will try this, would be handy to be able to get it off.
it just looks untidy with the back hanging off

Yep, can help you there, its pretty easy to do, just get a screwdriver in the top part and release the 3 clips, then slide up, the new metal clips push into existing broken one, then slide in. to refit slide the seat back down into clips them clip in top.
Part number is 8E0898035 METAL RETAINER
price £10.66

Hope this helps

my clips that have broken are the plastic clips towards the bottom on the seat-back....are these included in the kit? Do you know which ones i mean?

You get metal clips that push inside the existing plastic ones