Seat Back Panel - Broken

iyrix

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Got a broken back on my drivers seat. Looks like the bottom clips are broken, but im not too sure how i can take it off to fix. These are the pictures i've managed to take. Can any let me know how i can remove this and fix it?

CIMG0157.jpg

This is looking up a the connections

CIMG0160.jpg

Thanks
Graham

The top has sprung clips so should pull out - although may be safer to use a trim-priser.
I think you can see the 3 clips at the top of the 2nd picture.

hi there

I had the same problem and you can buy a seat repair kit from audi for about £8 - £10 from memory - theres a how to with photos somewhere on the forum. il have a dig about

The top has sprung clips so should pull out - although may be safer to use a trim-priser.
I think you can see the 3 clips at the top of the 2nd picture.

I've tried but i was worreid about making it worse. Will have another go this weekend.

hi there

I had the same problem and you can buy a seat repair kit from audi for about £8 - £10 from memory - theres a how to with photos somewhere on the forum. il have a dig about

Thanks for that, i will check with Audi.

If you could dig that out it would be great! I couldn't seem to find it.

CHeers
Graham

hi there

Really , i was not told they had one, my daughter has made a bit of a mess with mine too when she sits in the back.

Really , i was not told they had one, my daughter has made a bit of a mess with mine too when she sits in the back.

I have this problem too, at the moment if I slide the passenger seat forward a bit her feet don't reach the seat back. But this is only a temporary fix lol!

What does the repair kit consist of?

The kit consists of 2 metal clips that fit into the slot near the bottom of the seat back and hook over the rear of the actual seat. Simply they just replace the plastic ones that are moulded onto the seat back itself, the plastic ones tend to snap off when you push back on the seat trying to remove something from your pocket. I repaired mine from a how to with photos but i have searched and searched but cannot find it now. will keep trying though.

found this although not the one im after http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?38786-seat-back&highlight=seat

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Been to Audi this morning to order the bits that are needed.

They do a fixing kit (ithink this is the right bits). It includes 2 clips and a velcro strip.

The 2 clips will hopefully attach to the seat back and then pop into the back of the seat. Will let you know how i get on...

Cheers
G.

Thats the one,:icon_thumright: the velcro strip is self adhesive and although there are no instructions i fitted mine to the seat where the new clip will sit to stop any rattling noises and scratching of the seat.

When i get mine i will take pictures so everyone else knows. Seems to be a recuring problem!

Cheers
G.

The only problem with mine is that the plastic seat back gets scuffed by the underneath of my daughters feet!

on closer inspection you will probably find that the lumbar support has broken causing the seat back to be pushed out breaking the securing clips. i have got the same problem with mine but just haven't had time to order the parts with PJMSpeedy to fix it. you can tell if the lumbar support has broken by placing your hand on the lowest cushion/lumbar part of the seat and if it is very lose/slack and not taut it is broken, luckily its a very easy fix...

have a look at this diy guide: Lumbar Support Replacement

on closer inspection you will probably find that the lumbar support has broken causing the seat back to be pushed out breaking the securing clips. i have got the same problem with mine but just haven't had time to order the parts with PJMSpeedy to fix it. you can tell if the lumbar support has broken by placing your hand on the lowest cushion/lumbar part of the seat and if it is very lose/slack and not taut it is broken, luckily its a very easy fix...

have a look at this diy guide: Lumbar Support Replacement

After looking again this morning it looks like my lumbar support has broken. I've checked on ETKA and the part is just over £50 including VAT. So this will need doing before the clips are replaced.

After looking again this morning it looks like my lumbar support has broken. I've checked on ETKA and the part is just over £50 including VAT. So this will need doing before the clips are replaced.

yeah, PJMSpeedy quoted me about £53 plus p&p, he will be able to get you one too, drop him a PM :icon_thumright:

I've just had this happen to me.
On taking the back of the seat off the lumbar support is broken as well.
Have ordered the seat repair clips and new lumbar support from TPS, they should be here in the morning for me to fit them using THIS excellent link posted above.
HERE is the guide for the repair kit.
Part numbers:
Lumbar support: 8E0-881-891
Seat repair kit: 8E0-898-035
Thanks to everyone

Last edited: