Searching Your Cars Service History?

as400

Reaction score
Going to look at a potential A6 purchase at the weekend, it's ex fleet 2007 one company owner.

Ideally I would like to go to Audi give them the car details and get a report showing everything that has been done to the car from day one. As opposed to just some stamps in a service book.

Is this possible?

do you know what paperwork is coming with the car?, mine came with all the audi paperwork for anything it had ever had and the full printouts for the services showing costs etc, nice stuff to have,
my passat has a box file overflowing with paperwork for everything its ever had from new right down to tyres and bulbs :)

all ex-fleet iv had come with a print out
very rare the book is stamped
but if audi did all the work they will stamp it up sometimes they charge sometimes not

If Audi done the work and the papers aren't there they'll give you another book with records for ~£20

with all my cars i make sure they book is left on the passenger seat for them to stamp, they don't like searching for them!

I know it might be a bit late but here are some things you can do.

Phone the dealer that carried out the service they can pull up a printout of the work that was carried out and items that were replaced. If the car was serviced at different dealers then you will have to phone each one up. The service department are normally very happy to help.

If you have the chassis no then Audi UK Customer Services are helpful. They can tell you where the car was serviced. They are also helpful in telling you the spec of the car.

One very useful thing to do is to check the VOSA website. To do this you will need the registration number or chassis number and any MOT certificate. This will tell you date of the test, result of the test, mileage, test station name, number and tel no and any advisory items noted. This showed up that my Audi had been clocked when the VMC which Audi do as part of an approved used sale showed the car as not being clocked.