Sean's Phantom Black B7 A4 2.0T Quattro

You're dead right, one thing that really takes away from the back of the car is the tips. I was thinking of getting some 2.5/3" stainless steel tips put on. Just cut the old ones off and weld the new ones on. Don't even think I'm bothered getting an exhaust.

4" dual would be class! When you looking to get it done?

Yes matey.

But defo go at least 3''. I would say 3.5'' minimum as you would eventually want to go bigger if you got 3''.

Im hopefully getting it done next week but of course will update everyone. 4'' will fill the valance cavity nicely.

Reactions: 344bigal
Best thing i did and i went for 3 custom made turbo back and i know a very nice garage for mot :friendly wink:

IMG 1757 IMG 1760 IMG 1761 IMG 1763

Last edited:
Reactions: DrStrange, Sean_, 344bigal and 3 others
That's some job on the exhaust! Not cheap over my way unfortunately! Much did it cost you all in?

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
That's some job on the exhaust! Not cheap over my way unfortunately! Much did it cost you all in?

Hi mate thanks, this is the 5th one they done for me £1098 turbo back de-cat and it sounds amazing
if you want a sports cat £1274

What size Tailpipes are those DrStrange? They look suspiciously like 4"?
I'm trying to decide between 89mm or 101mm, in other words 3.5" or 4".

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Best thing i did and i went for 3 custom made turbo back and i know a very nice garage for mot :friendly wink:

View attachment 124090 View attachment 124091 View attachment 124092 View attachment 124093

Always loved the look of your car mate.

..That exhaust is fantastic! Great pics and thanks for sharing. You should definitely put a video of how it sounds on youtube..you'll get a lot of views.

Im guessing it a full mandrel system? Im getting similar done on the 13th of this month.

ps. For a Turbo back exhaust all custom..thats not bad. Who did you take it to?

Always loved the look of your car mate.

..That exhaust is fantastic! Great pics and thanks for sharing. You should definitely put a video of how it sounds on youtube..you'll get a lot of views.

Im guessing it a full mandrel system? Im getting similar done on the 13th of this month.

ps. For a Turbo back exhaust all custom..thats not bad. Who did you take it to?

Thanks Drstange for those very kind words.
Yep its a mandrel system dropped the car Thursday afternoon and picked it 4 clock Friday, it was done by exhaustuk Sheffield. i did some vids on my IPhone but couldn't up load them to my PC but now i have a new one will try again.
I look forward to seeing pics of yours when its done

Reactions: DrStrange
Thanks Drstange for those very kind words.
Yep its a mandrel system dropped the car Thursday afternoon and picked it 4 clock Friday, it was done by exhaustuk Sheffield. i did some vids on my IPhone but couldn't up load them to my PC but now i have a new one will try again.
I look forward to seeing pics of yours when its done

You're welcome!

Im a sucker for good workmanship especially what looks like pretty TIG welds. Looks ace! Great timing too.

Yes, definitely try and upload the vids if possible would love to hear it!

Will certainly show you the exhaust when all completed. :)

Small update.

Have been thinking about selling the Speedlines the last few weeks and after a post went up looking for 19's I left a picture of mine and a deal was done. Sold them over the weekend and the B7 is back on CH's while I try find a replacement wheel. One wheel I always wanted which I will more than likely go with is 19" OZ Ultraleggera's, an absolutely stunning wheel and really compliments the B7! Drooled over seeing Ajax's set up so I might just follow suit.

4583d05afd69746ffa3ea97d0fb32391.jpg

1a52e603f0e313e0a605193f68f49e45.jpg

68fbc097564061ecbbaeefc13a81d3fd.jpg

70b1d480eb35de42b43031fed14d8f08.jpg

Also removed the stickers, gave it a good clean and will be putting back on my spoiler. This is a bit of a pain because it looks like the only way it'll stay is by using a sealant. Has anyone else fitted a spoiler to a car without it being permanently stuck or damaging the paint? I had used double sided adhesive and the spoiler came off at 120km an hour so don't want a repeat..

9cbc71f099f344c366ca1855133a05bb.jpg

Also next thing I'm going to cross off the list is get some red BBS badges for the CH's and then look at collecting parts for a FMIC install. Already have most of the parts lined up so it's just a matter of starting to collect. Will be going after more power this summer so this is a good start. Heading to Vegas soon so once I'm back I'll be shopping for car parts!

af94c8e9b6a4b452444702b38c6d72fe.jpg

Will update more as parts arrive..

Reactions: DieselJake, Stanningtonglen and Dani_B19
Finally went and got my decat fitted yesterday and all I can say is WOW! What a difference it has made to the car, quite enough on normal tick over and low revs but when you open it up and on full boost it's an anti christ! Lovely sound, quicker turbo spool and harder pull straight up after the mid range. I'm delighted with it and glad I went with it. Couldn't give a proper test as there was a lot of traffic yesterday evening as well as a lot of rain so come the weekend when I'm back from holiday I'll be able to give a better test but for now I'm smiling ear to ear!

Don't have any pictures of the install unfortunately just the one of how it looks inside the bay.

c4ce98886510597cd47d9124177eae6b.jpg

From speaking to the technician who fitted the part he said it wasn't a straight forward fit. My original bolts were seized and had to be cut out and the new bolts supplied had to be modified to fit which meant he had to drill the original holes wider to make them fit. Also used two spacers for the lambda sensors so no CEL light came on. All in all chuffed with it, would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap enough power upgrade without going full turbo back.

Next on the list is to vinyl wrap the chrome trims as well as the door blades so give that black edition/stealth look. Then refurbishing my speedlines to get them ready for the first Vag show coming up, Dubshed.
How is it going with the decat pipe? had any problems or issues??

Im sure Sean will respond but I can say mine is EXACTLY how he describes. Ive got a full decat turbo back exhaust done (3inch) and the difference is incredible. Past 3K RPM, the car just wants to go, it's amazing how restrictive the CAT is.

Only issue is the car will run lean until mapped as well as MIL light will be on and the smell of petrol through the cabin. Without shadow of a doubt, and amazing mod. (if you have a 'friendly' MOT garage)

P.s Sorry Sean for hogging your post!

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Sean_
Im sure Sean will respond but I can say mine is EXACTLY how he describes. Ive got a full decat turbo back exhaust done (3inch) and the difference is incredible. Past 3K RPM, the car just wants to go, it's amazing how restrictive the CAT is.

Only issue is the car will run lean until mapped as well as MIL light will be on and the smell of petrol through the cabin. Without shadow of a doubt, and amazing mod. (if you have a 'friendly' MOT garage)

P.s Sorry Sean for hogging your post![/QUOTE
No need to worry about the mot part
How bad was the petrol smell? Every now and again or constant?

P.s Sorry Sean for hogging your post!

Exactly what @DrStrange said, spot on with that post!

@GDCAUDIA4B7 I'm chuffed with the pipe, although mine is literally just the Decat and the standard system it's still made a world of difference.

One thing I will say is, it can be quite loud when you give it the beans! It wasn't until I let a friend drive it and I stood outside to listen. Would still recommend getting one though!

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and DrStrange

Also just to add, I still get a smell of fuel as it would be running a little richer, also the MIL light has been stuck on so I would need to get it mapped out.

Erm..well i have a convertible so the smell of petrol is probably a lot stronger than what you would experience. Having said that, it comes and goes and personally im not fussed.

Have done a deal and a set of OEM S4 door blades are on the way! Can't wait to get them on, they are silver so will need to be wrapped. Should make a nice improvement to the car. Another mod off the list! Have a VW show coming up this weekend so should have it ready for that. Also ordered some Red & Gold BBS centre caps for the CH's.

Have been looking at DTM bumpers again, really tempted to get one. Just unfortunate they rarely come up :cry: anyone looking to part?

Got my door blades back from being wrapped, they came out great and look so well once fitted! Also picked up some red & gold bbs centre caps which I replaced with my old tired carbon black ones. Makes a big difference!

Test fit
aaad80834d40984721a5daecc9c50f97.jpg

Wrapped and fitted
d2aef58f2081d914bc7d4a6f314dcbae.jpg

Also went to a VW & Classic car show yesterday, great day out! Some snaps from on the road and at the show.

7c632aaf9b1af4bcdcaa2ca7183abb16.jpg

00a1fb1f467d6f7449b999a7f1b8731c.jpg

c0ad73b76b259449afc1dcc9aedb0bb6.jpg

801dd84a260524c15a1423ec12c09c29.jpg

0befa6376ad6ccd59ed3505d22d48779.jpg

bc454dee7409e07f32b81c5f3aff153d.jpg

ca890d003c47febbc65b9ed989f34b61.jpg

Some of her at the show, Parked beside a lovely C5 RS6, didn't manage to get a photo though.

b38844c660c32c6b22d05dd9a724c1b0.jpg

62f22e699028bfb1ade55fda986587ad.jpg

3e716954e0cf3027a185072759ab8164.jpg

bd48f768e168dddeb2742b8336610c40.jpg

b45a62f42b515ec74ce28ef95c1801eb.jpg

And finally, easily the best car I've ever seen and it was in stunning condition..

5f77ed0f386f5c21c239c05ad908c41f.jpg

Reactions: DrStrange, Stanningtonglen, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
Great progress with the car so far!

I always find it very hard to decide if the non RS4 B7 shape suits 19" or 118" better, it does look well with the 18s on your car

Does the car drive any different with the 18" wheels?

Reactions: Sean_
Great progress with the car so far!

I always find it very hard to decide if the non RS4 B7 shape suits 19" or 118" better, it does look well with the 18s on your car

Does the car drive any different with the 18" wheels?

The 18's are great on the car, feels a lot lighter on corners and overall drive-ability.

In saying that, the 19" Speedlines I ran on the car were also quite comfortable but you couldn't really go lashing the car into a corner as they were heavy enough and ran the risk of rubbing the inner arch liner cause my car is quite low. They do however sit very well and give a better look to the car but you will always have to compromise something. I am after a set of 19" OZ's but they are a lightweight forged alloy wheel. You thinking of upgrading?

The 18's are great on the car, feels a lot lighter on corners and overall drive-ability.

In saying that, the 19" Speedlines I ran on the car were also quite comfortable but you couldn't really go lashing the car into a corner as they were heavy enough and ran the risk of rubbing the inner arch liner cause my car is quite low. They do however sit very well and give a better look to the car but you will always have to compromise something. I am after a set of 19" OZ's but they are a lightweight forged alloy wheel. You thinking of upgrading?

Your right there is always a compromise of looks vs practicality, both sets of wheels look well on your car. The forged OZ wheels must be pricey!

The wheels on my car are light enough as they are flow form cast which means then can be cast lighter but stronger, but I keep having the notion of trying a set of 18's on the car

Your right there is always a compromise of looks vs practicality, both sets of wheels look well on your car. The forged OZ wheels must be pricey!

The wheels on my car are light enough as they are flow form cast which means then can be cast lighter but stronger, but I keep having the notion of trying a set of 18's on the car

Thanks very much! Looking forward to getting the OZ's though, they definitely aren't cheap but they do come up for sale the odd time so just means I've to keep an eye out.

Just looking back through your thread and your wheels look fantastic! What 18's were you thinking?

Thanks very much! Looking forward to getting the OZ's though, they definitely aren't cheap but they do come up for sale the odd time so just means I've to keep an eye out.

Just looking back through your thread and your wheels look fantastic! What 18's were you thinking?

Not sure to be honest, I like the idea of the Team Dynamics 1.2's in 18x9 et35. Mainly because they are the right shape, size and offset, they are light enough and better made than any of the other 18x9 wheels I have came across without going with a forged set

But then again the wheels on the car now really suit it and they are a great quality wheel

Not sure to be honest, I like the idea of the Team Dynamics 1.2's in 18x9 et35. Mainly because they are the right shape, size and offset, they are light enough and better made than any of the other 18x9 wheels I have came across without going with a forged set

But then again the wheels on the car now really suit it and they are a great quality wheel

I love the TD's! There is actually a set for sale up your way but they 8J, might be worth looking into.

I really like the wheels that are on it but sometimes it's nice for a change.

Reactions: SPek9
Yep, the Team dynamics are great. Cant go wrong with these light weight wheels. However, for the look, go with the 9inch wide ones. 8's look a tad skinny in my opinion but of course all horses for courses.

Small update..

Decided to mix it up so went and sprayed my front badge glass black, looks well I think?

6581030b3ec825844de680f5949645d9.jpg

631cb89892b6c446fd375b1ec9cf0f7d.jpg

56585fed0190b19250006176f64d0d7b.jpg

8b049e7403fa3c659a8438dabd935080.jpg

Car is due a service in the next month or so getting oil & filters changed as well as getting them to fit an eBay short shifter with a weighted gear knob, should make a nice difference to the car. After that it'll be FMIC

Reactions: TOM.S and 344bigal
Looks ace! Must say it's the closest match to mine I've seen for ages, just the wheels, black badge, splitter (which I've got just haven't fitted yet) and rear end that's different (as mine's actually a b6 with a b7 front).

Keep up the good work :happy: will probably give me ideas of what to do with mine haha.

Nice! That really works with the carbon surround.

What short shifter you fitting pal?

Going with this one as advised by @DieselJake

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280644149348

Wanted to go down the JHM route but by the time it gets here and duty and stuff it's too expensive so this is cheap and cheerful and should hopefully do the job! Read on Audizine that it complements it best with a weighted gear knob so I'll be looking to order one of those too..

Car is booked in next week for a service and a few goodies put on, looking forward to getting everything sorted.

3ea5f47ce3f0b3f619d0799bb82457d2.jpg

Car is burning oil (usual problem) so I've upgraded to Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5w40 Esther oil, should hopefully cure the problem and help it run a bit smoother.

4067f4545cc1f95336d8489ed271f3a9.jpg

Also picked up a few other bits like a full Cruise Control kit, Apikol Transmission mount and Powerflex Snub Mount. All parts fitted should transform the handling of the car! Need to upgrade rear anti roll bar next me thinks..

078007f20e630ea4a0b4b01ead6a48ea.jpg

5f223df582b93942dbc55e15dbf8d185.jpg

d6bff991bf9da504fc99d14f0fc94875.jpg

Gonna get the front lowered a smidge and the back to level the car out. Will update more once everything is on.

Car got serviced and is running like a dream again, also got filters done as well so everything is running 100%!

Also got both the mounts fitted, can really feel the difference with them now, should have done the mods ages ago!

d19b466af47c2181ef407a71a7c8fc9b.jpg

20b8923a984526ba06d08abf982c278f.jpg

Also put a bid in for these bad boys, have been after a set now for ages but they always went for mental money. Size is 18x8j with all matching Hankook tyres and will hopefully be picking them up next week!

33a3883b5c32ea176370188a793a392f.png

Reactions: DrStrange, DieselJake and 344bigal
Looking good! Does the transmission mount make much more noise/vibration? May get one for mine as it's the only mount I haven't upgraded, do you mind me asking how much it was and where from?

Looking good! Does the transmission mount make much more noise/vibration? May get one for mine as it's the only mount I haven't upgraded, do you mind me asking how much it was and where from?

Well I'm not sure, having the both of them fitted there was an increase in vibration but I'd probably buy that down to the Snub mount. I would definitely say get one.

I picked this up second hand off a friend, I think they are around 90 dollars online directly from Apikol.

That mount from the classifieds by any chance Sean?

Thought so. I was after it but you beat me to it.

So went and picked up my new set of OZ Ultraleggera's yesterday and wasted no time in getting them fitted. Over the moon with them, a wheel I have always wanted! Wheels are 18x8 with an ET45, kept my spacers to give them a wider stance.

87871782b6787e4cdf018ac6f8d33e66.jpg

e3d3a6d428c95dd7d6899978ef91d4cf.jpg

bf84e6b1ed2ae19647fc661c3e72e94e.jpg

4e8b94536c663db90906c4a6d203c5ea.jpg

Wheels are about near 90% perfect apart from some curb rash which I will getting sorted after winter. The wheels were fairly clean when I got them so when I put them on they were showing up the car on how dirty it was so got her washed as well.

5890e9d73a6d16ea6a49a6279492da53.jpg

e01b68212f9d9323bcd071c68b2b1cb3.jpg

And here she is after a good clean, want to get some proper photos of it soon, iPhone pics aren't the greatest!

5d980da701f1971d6dcbc3ec292609fe.jpg

930f9967e3349a1ae64d50529018192a.jpg

dc4cce0d982dc54a9cf78d93a4702b85.jpg

e2103fc7dc279c7fe89d2d131922c8b6.jpg

What you lads think?

Reactions: jaybv6