SE to S-line

M90KKL

Reaction score
wanting to make my SE look S-line, I'm eyeing up some standard 18" ronal alloys, but just making sure I'll have to drop my car about 30-40mm too for the s line look right?

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I lowered my A4 on eibach sportline springs, 40-50mm, ride was very harsh and felt every lump & bump on the road, that being said, I was on 19's. The car did look good though, IMO. I think I should have went for the pro-line springs, more for comfort than lowered look.
Just a suggestion, why don't you get a set of s-line springs, or are you wanting it lower than an s-line? I think the s-line is 20mm lower than the SE, you may need to confirm this though.
JG

I lowered my A4 on eibach sportline springs, 40-50mm, ride was very harsh and felt every lump & bump on the road, that being said, I was on 19's. The car did look good though, IMO. I think I should have went for the pro-line springs, more for comfort than lowered look.
Just a suggestion, why don't you get a set of s-line springs, or are you wanting it lower than an s-line? I think the s-line is 20mm lower than the SE, you may need to confirm this though.
JG

I'll try look into it, I want to keep everything s-line, I really want 19" rotors but I just can't justify the extra cash for a set of £400 replicas then another £400 on mid range tyres!

Surely someone on here has a set of s-line springs lying about ( cheap) after putting coilovers on, that would do you a deal mate. ;)
Give me a shout if you want before & after pics of sportline springs. I know what you mean re 19 rotors, before you know it your in them for about a grand, and that's reps. :eek:

JG

Surely someone on here has a set of s-line springs lying about ( cheap) after putting coilovers on, that would do you a deal mate. ;)
Give me a shout if you want before & after pics of sportline springs. I know what you mean re 19 rotors, before you know it your in them for about a grand, and that's reps. :eek:

JG

My colleague has an s line standard on Ronal 18s and I like it so I know I'd be happy. Iv been down the 19 road with my A3, got very costly lol

My colleague has an s line standard on Ronal 18s and I like it so I know I'd be happy. Iv been down the 19 road with my A3, got very costly lol

A set of (cheap) s-line springs sounds like a good option then, you could always post a wanted in classifieds and see what responses you get. :idea:

Rotors look nice no matter what size they are, IMO. and 18's look fine on an s-line, again IMO.
JG

I converted by SE to an S-line.
It cost exactly £10,000 but was 3 1/2 years newer and 30,000 miles less on the clock ;)

Reactions: chrisyegan and RS5 JON
You will need new bumpers, side skirts, perhaps new boot, new sills etc. if you want to go the whole hog. I had an SE B7 and I opted for the bigger wheels and lower suspension but it still didnt look like an S-Line. I Think the bumpers are the biggest difference after wheels/suspension

Part ex it for an S-line, probably be the more cost effective and for looks wise the best way.

Reactions: Lannerz27 and flipmyflipper
By the time you have changed every thing over, it will still be a SE on paper and like Zaac said it will cost more!
P/X it for a S-line and use that as a base to build on.

Reactions: Zaac
You will need new bumpers, side skirts, perhaps new boot, new sills etc. if you want to go the whole hog. I had an SE B7 and I opted for the bigger wheels and lower suspension but it still didnt look like an S-Line. I Think the bumpers are the biggest difference after wheels/suspension
plus seats, headlining, xenon lights, steering wheel, headlight washers, sill plates.

and when you chop it in, its worth less than an SE as it's been modified and looks like you stole an S-line and robbed it for parts ;)

Reactions: mike60e
wanting to make my SE look S-line, I'm eyeing up some standard 18" ronal alloys, but just making sure I'll have to drop my car about 30-40mm too for the s line look right?

I have some OEM front LEDs and Sline springs for a Quattro A4 LES are in classified

plus seats, headlining, xenon lights, steering wheel, headlight washers, sill plates.

and when you chop it in, its worth less than an SE as it's been modified and looks like you stole an S-line and robbed it for parts ;)

You forgot the exhaust tips! ;)

Reactions: Zafi
and s-line badges, interior trim, steering wheel... the list in endless....

I have s line suspension lying around the garage that I don't need if your interested ?

Mate take a look at my old SE for some inspiration, it was almost an s line lol

My sline hasn't got headlight washers, I don't think anyway, how to check?

i have the cut out and xenons, how do I test them?

Just pull back on the wiper stalk for about 3-4 sec's, you should see extra water spraying up near the end of the bonnet or drive it next to a shop window and see the reflection.

ok I am sadly excited to try this tonight. so the headlights need to be on or just the drl's?
also my headlight glass is covered in stone chips.
anyone know of a way to polish them without scratching them?

Just turn the headlights on and they should work.
There is a thread on here or when I get home I will have a look on my postie with the description on what to do as i've used it on my old car.

There is a thread on here or when I get home I will have a look on my postie with the description on what to do as i've used it on my old car.

Thanks Mike, its much appreciated :thumbs up:

So it turns out I have headlight washers but all they are washing is the bumper to the left of the washer lol. Any idea how to adjust them?

Pull em out and play with them I guess. You can adjust the duration etc with VCDS so they squirt every time to make it easy to set them up.....

So it turns out I have headlight washers but all they are washing is the bumper to the left of the washer lol. Any idea how to adjust them?

Get someone to catch them when they come out or use a suction cup to pull out and adjust with a small pin.

Pull em out and play with them I guess. You can adjust the duration etc with VCDS so they squirt every time to make it easy to set them up.....

is this ok for a forum that children read ?

:jester:

Reactions: Brennan, mike60e and RS5 JON
After another look they seem to just empty onto the ground. Maybe the nozzles r missing

do they open ?

my pipe came off in the snow when everything froze up

Yeah they open then just like a tap to the side straight onto the road. Can u get the nozzles???

They come as a one piece unit called a lift cylinders @ around £55 each what i can remember.
Download 7