SE AIR CON.

holly35

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this trim fitted to the manual air con control surrounds? Also appears on page 22 of the SE spec page in the UK edition catalogue.
AluminumOPticAir

I'm guessing that's the manual air con but with the aluminium interior elements option.

I had a look through the parts catalogue and can find no mention of the trim for either the manual or automatic air-con panel. It just lists the various part numbers for each and gives the codes for the panels depending on things like with or without seat heating.

I'm guessing that's the manual air con but with the aluminium interior elements option

Correct.
Because the air vents also have aluminium trim around them.
Non Aluminium Interior Elements have black trim around the air vents.

I have aluminium interior elements option on my SE , but I don't have the aluminium trim around the air con ?.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395606586998542ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395606596530024ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395606607600258
These are the standard equipment and SE equipment specs for the Irish market
I suppose the spec varies from country to country !

They could have changed the component spec, it happens all the time!

Remember page 22 of the UK A3 Catalouge also shows this trim on the SE.

Yes but as veeeight said, they may have changed the spec for the SE version. It does say on the back of the UK Price and Specification Guide "Specifications and prices subject to change without notice" Audi put that there to cover themselves if the decide to make any changes.

It actually appears in the Oct 2013 and march 2014 version of the catalogue.

Audi's Pricing and Specification Guides have been known to be wrong for over a year and only corrected when there is a change to the next Model Year (usually in June or July).

Aluminium A/C surround is not on our SE. Interior elements also specified.

Aluminium A/C surround is not on our SE. Interior elements also specified.
Looks like its not on UK spec cars then.I have ordered heated seats which with their controls in the air con area will fill this blank space nicely.Also ordered the aluminium 12v plug for the dash socket.
Just wondering if i should order the coin box to slot into the non smoking cup holder??Just not sure as i have speced led interior package and it will hide part of the illuminated cup holder area. The coin box/ ash tray does look like an after thought by Audi as it looks a bit ungainly and not too well designed into the dash area?

Last edited:
Looks like its not on UK spec cars then.I have ordered heated seats which with their controls in the air con area will fill this blank space nicely.Also ordered the aluminium 12v plug for the dash socket.
Just wondering if i should order the coin box to slot into the non smoking cup holder??Just not sure as i have speced led interior package and it will hide part of the illuminated cup holder area. The coin box/ ash tray does look like an after thought by Audi as it looks a bit ungainly and not too well designed into the dash area?

The 'coin box' as you call it that fits in to the cup holder socket is not a option that you can order with a new car. Its only available as an accessory. The only options is 'No-smoking package' in which case you get the Ashtray and a Cigarette lighter are deleted and replaced with just a 12v socket. The coin holder mention by some is a small slotted unit that fits next to the handbrake switch where the Hold Assist switch normally sits. Being a German car the slots in the coin-holder take Euros rather than Pound coins. The coin holder is shown in the middle picture at the bottom of p20 of the P+S Guide.

The 'coin box' as you call it that fits in to the cup holder socket is not a option that you can order with a new car. Its only available as an accessory. The only options is 'No-smoking package' in which case you get the Ashtray and a Cigarette lighter are deleted and replaced with just a 12v socket. The coin holder mention by some is a small slotted unit that fits next to the handbrake switch where the Hold Assist switch normally sits. Being a German car the slots in the coin-holder take Euros rather than Pound coins. The coin holder is shown in the middle picture at the bottom of p20 of the P+S Guide.
I am aware of the spec and packages thanks.
Having looked again at the ashtray which i would have used as a coin box since i dont smoke (obviously since i deleted this option)i think i prefer the cup holders only with the led lighting surround. As i said,the ashtray just doesnt sit too well in the cup holder.Perhaps if they had made it shorter it would have looked more integral?

It seems UK dealers can now order the cup-holder insert. Price £24.10

I got the ash tray with my car (with interior light pack) and immediately took it out, put it on my desk and use it as a pen holder. I think they look like an afterthought in the car and I have no need for it as a non smoker.

The illumination of the cup holders at night is lovely too, no point in covering it up. Stick some coloured drink bottles in there at night for even more variation!!

If you have a 3 door, you can put the ashtray in one of the rear cupholders, with easy access to coins etc. :p