SDS problems

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
first of all, im posting this here as the sds mod seams to be a more popular mod within the 8p section than anywhere else.

how many times are people pressing the voice activation button to begin sds ?

i have been having to press mine twice and without the beep, just instruction on the dis to speak.
i got the beep active but could not get away with only pressing once, had to be pressed twice.
contacted NHN who helped me out straight away and got the issue sorted.
i have posted this to allow NHN to post up the reasons involved and the fix, to allow others on here to benefit.

also a BIG thanks once again to nigel for taking the time to help me out, cheers mate.

Never heard of such a problem , it would be nice for N. to give us the solution for possible future use!

Tell me something guys, i dunno if you both got BT also with SDS, and if so, is your BT Connection Chime loud?

Mine is seriously loud, i mean proper ear bleeding loud!

Well 1st we looked at obvious things like PTT button problem, button contacts maybe an issue but didnt seem to be this, then when checked any faults, there were a load of them, but also noticed there was no workshop code in a few of the modules fitted by Gareth @ Hazzydays IIRC, not good, now when I have had new modules I have always had to code in a WSC to get it working not leave it with 00000, so I basically remotely over the internet from Italy connected to his car (flash fecker I know, lol) coded in a default WSC in the modules 06314, removed all the faults & checked the modules again & then tested, all working 100% voila, thankyou for coming & my next performance is when I can be ***** to do it again, lol.

and all that for the price of a phone call, TO ****** ITALY ! lol

it was an experience i tell you, standing next to my car "WATCHING" my laptop code my car whilst i was chatting to him on the phone whilst he was in italy.

a true friend would of rang me back lol

joking aside, thanks again mate

I gave you the house number, what more do you want from me, lol.

No worries.

Wow just wow to both of you, nice job too!!!

Remote access ha? Cooool!

you gave him remote access to your laptop LOL? Too trusting :)

Logmein.com, & he changed password anyway & I advised use different password to norm for me & then change it, also remove afterwards if he wants, I cant get back in unless he allows me to, I use this format everyday.

Wow just wow to both of you, nice job too!!!

Remote access ha? Cooool!

As above.

Ok problem solved thanx to your link Staz , cheers

One thing though. I have SDS + BT module but i left the Voice recognition over the BT.
Meaning, i got a coding of 0011422 for my module and not 11402. xxx0x would mean that voice recognition is handed over to the RNS-e.

Should i change that or leave it as it is?
At the moment i got SDS functionality and the BT Voice support too.

Thats exactly what I told him to do *** on another thread yesterday, why dont people ever read or listen!!!

You`re the man :)

Uh maybe you should re-read that thread from yesterday, I advised you the fix that me & Stu found whilst testing on my car, kudos to Stu for the original eureka moment.

Ok problem solved thanx to your link Staz , cheers

One thing though. I have SDS + BT module but i left the Voice recognition over the BT.
Meaning, i got a coding of 0011422 for my module and not 11402. xxx0x would mean that voice recognition is handed over to the RNS-e.

Should i change that or leave it as it is?
At the moment i got SDS functionality and the BT Voice support too.

Problem solved by what I advised you to do???

Because I was trying to point out that the answer to that question (and many others) is in the FAQs thread already.

You pointed out something I advised him to do already, that was helpful wasnt it!

Thats exactly what I told him to do *** on another thread yesterday, why dont people ever read or listen!!!

You pointed out something I advised him to do already, that was helpful wasnt it!

I have no idea what thread you're talking about so sorry if I repeated something you'd said! :keule:

Well it`s my fault, i had an open topic about my BT retrofit, and asked the same question there and here too.

So first of all sorry for double posting :)

Thanks to both N. and Staz!

So here we go again:

I got 11422 coding for my BT , fixed the loud bong issue, but when i return to 11402 (to disable the Voice Commands from BT and hand them over to the RNS-e) the loud bong returns

Oh I see, yep I hadn't seen that. I don't read every single thread on the whole site Nigel so I'm not sure why you've directed frustrations towards me.