SD Map update (again)

Statiker

Reaction score
Sorry to raise this question again, but has anyone ever managed to update the maps for their SD card based satnav without having to pay out £250+ to Audi? Map updates seem to be free to VW, Skoda & SEAT owners, can these not be used in an Audi?

Think the only way is to pay Audi dealers for the update. I recently called Audi Portsmouth and was quoted £209 for the new SD Card with the update loaded onto it but no idea when it would be in stock as it was on back order.

As much as I'd like the updated map I could get a Ton Tom or similar with lifetime updates for way less money.

Find it hard to justify the cost to be honest .

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Sorry to raise this question again, but has anyone ever managed to update the maps for their SD card based satnav without having to pay out £250+ to Audi? Map updates seem to be free to VW, Skoda & SEAT owners, can these not be used in an Audi?
Yup, they pay approx £235.00 from me.

No other way around it. Audi SD nav updates need activating via the official dealership tool. Each card has a unique set of single use activation codes, codes which cannot be purchased individually.

Reactions: Scotty75
Yup, they pay approx £235.00 from me.

No other way around it. Audi SD nav updates need activating via the official dealership tool. Each card has a unique set of single use activation codes, codes which cannot be purchased individually.
Blimey Alex , Audi actually undercut you

Blimey Alex , Audi actually undercut you

Prolly because they have loads in stock that they cannot sell. Navigation activations have next to no profit for us third parties.

Reactions: Scotty75