Sd card Which one???

Ok, how am I supposed to list the mp3 files on the card? E.g. I created several folders with the name of a group/band and in that folder place all the mp3 files for that group. E.g. Folder called Bloc Party, inside all the songs in mp3 format from the album a weekend in the city. Next folder Foo fighters and all the songs from the album Echoes and silence and so on..

But, when I insert the card all I get is the first folder (in this case Bloc Party) and none of the others?

Just wondered how you guys are lodaing your sd cards up?

Cheers

Tom

No probs, the Sd card slots are one of the best things about the RNS-E:icon_thumright:

And resurrecting the thread again, I purchased 4x Kingston 2Gb memory cards (non HC) from mymemory.co.uk

Formatted the cards on my Mac to FAT32 MS-DOS standard.

Went into 'Finder' (equivalent on PC of Start + right mouse click: 'Explore' for the Microsoft brigade), then copied over the albums from my music folder directly onto the SD card (as I couldn't find a way within iTunes to copy direct to memory card as the media device is not visible).

The cards work fine in the RNS-E, HOWEVER (!) when I go to view them there are always a load of files above the music files which mirror the names but start with _XXXXXX.mp3

So for instance if there was only a single track listed in an album folder I might see:

_The_Chain.mp3
The Chain.mp3

The top file wont play, so the head unit looks at it, ignores it and skips to the next file which then plays. If you make a compilation file with 50+ tracks this is annoying as the head unit has to discount 50 odd files before it finds a file to play.

I have stuck the cards back into the reader device in BOTH the Mac and my work PC and as far as I can see the _.XXXX.mp3 files do not exist?????

Any tips would be gratefully welcomed!(are these a result of music file metadata: album cover etc...) that are stored as part of the iTunes link files?

cheers
W

It's Mac clutter on FAT format cards. It's normally hidden by the Mac OS, but windows and the RNSe can see them. I use blue harvest to keep non mac disks "clean" it cost 13 bucks. Nice little solution, it runs as a preference pane, just tell it to keep non mac disks clean, job done!

http://www.zeroonetwenty.com/blueharvest/

Wow John, is there anything you don't know about RNS_E / Mac / music files!!!! cheers - I owe you too many beers already!

Warren, you are aware that you can get 4gb SD cards that work perfectly fine with RNS_E? Im sure you are, just checking. I use Transcend SD cards (TS4GSDC) in case you want to look for some

K

Warren, you are aware that you can get 4gb SD cards that work perfectly fine with RNS_E? Im sure you are, just checking. I use Transcend SD cards (TS4GSDC) in case you want to look for some

K

Initially did a search for these and no-one was showing any in stock. In my hurry to get something other than use the crappy iPod dock I got the deal on the 4 pack of Kingston 2Gb cards. I am going to get some of the 4Gb cards as most of my music is stored at 320kbps so I don't get a lot of tracks on there with the 2Gb (150 max).

I take it you still can't save any additional POI (speed cameras etc...) info onto the cards to supplement the RNS-E POI's?

cheers

Warren

I don't think so no, I have a couple of the 4gb cards sealed if you struggle to find some, id happily let you have them for what i got them for

Sorry to bump this again but I'm struggling, I have a 2gig card and purchased another 4gig card from amazon (4gig transcend 133x)

I initially just copied a few mp3s on and these worked, now I have tried to add more RNS-E just won't show anything (sticks on loading)

Here is what I have done / narrowed out so far
-500 file limit - Only at 200 - 2 out of 4 gig
-Card is FAT32 not NTFS
-Since it worked with a few mp3s have tried removing some but still no luck (reads fine on multiple PCs and macs)
-Card is non HC
-All MP3s no aac etc

The only thing I've just thought of is certain characters in filenames, is there anything which could cause RNS to play up? Just removed an @ but the others seem ok (space,[]-_)

Cheers

I initially just copied a few mp3s on and these worked, now I have tried to add more RNS-E just won't show anything (sticks on loading)

My 4Gb card did this when I first installed it after loading it with new tracks. I waited and waited and nothing. In the end I went to the source button, selected the drive option, highlighted the card I was trying to play and then it played and has done ever since. Seemed weird I should have to do this but then is technology ever 'Plug and Play' these days?!?!?

The Rnse does not like IDtag 2 only IDtag 1 it is also handy to use a tag editor & a play list creator. I use two free to downloads. Mikey Magic Technologies MP3 Tag editor & Oddgravity play list creator 3.5.
Max card size SD 4gig & you can only have 512 files & folders on it. Hope this helps,