SD Card Navigation Compatibility

mmdumi

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I would like to buy an Audi A3 8V with MMI Radio and i'm trying to find out if i'll be able to enable the navigation via sd card at some point in the future (after the purchase).
I have read in some other threads that all 8V cars have the necessary hardware components for the sdcard to be enabled but the dealer house that i am talking to tells me that the car is missing a "connectivity package" that is a requirement for the navigation to work.
Do you have any idea about this ?
Thanks

I asked my dealer if the required parts are there to enable Sat Nav with just the SD Card at a later date, he confirmed they were and that it would be a very quick job for the workshop to do if I wanted it done at a later date. This is true for the UK anyway.

Yes - important point: All UK Spec A3s have the Connectivity Package as standard. Therefore all you need to add in the UK is the SatNav Licence and SD Maps card. A3's built for other european markets may not have the connectivity package as standard, and you'll need to retrofit this before you can activate the SatNav.

Yeah, unfortunately I think that's the case: the connectivity package is missing. I'm being told that I can't purchase this package after the car is delivered.

Quite likely i'm afraid. The connectivity package includes the GPS antenna, wiring looms and other bits of equipment needed for the SatNav to operate. Retrofitting this would involve removing a lot of the interior of the car (headlining, carpets, maybe seats and dash). A dealer would be unlikely to offer to fit it, but an aftermarket fitter may well do it.

Sorry assumed your in the UK, guess you are not then?

Yeah, I'm from Romania but in my country it seems that there are not too many A3 8V owners so i had to ask here.
Thanks for your answers.