SD Card help

Infamous7856

Reaction score
As some of you know i bought a Audi A5 2012, i purchased a 64gb SD card for it, and it wont work I have formatted it to fat32, But just shows as unsupported. Is there anyway to get this to work even if I lose some space. I found a old SD card 1 gig and this worked. I know i should of read before hand and got a smaller one.

@Infamous7856 - I don't think there is any way of getting the 64gb card to work
I would check you hand book to see what your car's stereo will handle

As an aside, my 2009 B8 A4 would only support an 8gb SD card, however my 2015 S4 supports a 32gb SD card

What SD card have you got? I'm using my Samsung EVO 64gb SD card fine in my 65 plate S5. MMI 3G+

I was using the Sandisk 64gb, i returned it to amazon, as i read in the manual 32 gb was the max. I purchased 32 gig PNY and works perfectly now. was a good deal £24 for 2 !

I only bothered getting 32GB as I thought that was the max for the latest cars. It is interesting to know that DrE has got 64GB to work. Having said that 32GB is fine for my music collection, and I even transferred a subset of it to the HDD and mostly just listen to that in random mode like a playlist for my favourites.

I purchased a 64GB card before reading the manual and it works even though the book says 32GB, at first it wouldn't work but when I formatted to fat32 instead of exfat it works perfect. This is on a 64 plate with MMI tech plus system

Guys, i have an 2008 Audi A5, concert, no navigation, aux ... just sd/cd (no media button). The sd, it's tricky, i tried many without success (i know i need memory cards without xc/hd no bigger than 2gb ... not enough)
Can i upgrade just the headunit? I really don't need navigation, just the abilily to have usb stick or a bigger sd memory card compatible unit.

Thanx

Guys, i have an 2008 Audi A5, concert, no navigation, aux ... just sd/cd (no media button). The sd, it's tricky, i tried many without success (i know i need memory cards without xc/hd no bigger than 2gb ... not enough)
Can i upgrade just the headunit? I really don't need navigation, just the abilily to have usb stick or a bigger sd memory card compatible unit.

Thanx
What firmware version of your headunit do you have? My Symphony (non-nav), hardware H10 has software version 0350 and sports a 32Gb SD card.

All memory cards that i tried didn't work except Transgend SD 2GB. Everything above that it's not recognised by headunit; 4gb, 16gb, 32gb HD/XC.
P.s. will post firmware version in the morning.

What firmware version of your headunit do you have? My Symphony (non-nav), hardware H10 has software version 0350 and sports a 32Gb SD card.
Radio no : 8T2035186B
Display no : 8T0919603A
HW : H11
SW : 0130

It's likely you need a software update as older software versions (I think yours included) only supported 2Gb.
I'm not sure where you'd get it from, other than a dealer.

If it costs too much from them, let me know. I'm just about to replace my symphony 3 that supports 32Gb SD card (I have one in there right now) which should be a direct swap for yours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's likely you need a software update as older software versions (I think yours included) only supported 2Gb.
I'm not sure where you'd get it from, other than a dealer.

If it costs too much from them, let me know. I'm just about to replace my symphony 3 that supports 32Gb SD card (I have one in there right now) which should be a direct swap for yours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Let me know and i'll get it from you. Cheers