SD card compatability

Chris90

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all

New SD card arrived today. Formatted it as FAT32 with 256gb partition. Loaded up a couple of songs on top it and put it in the car to be greeted with a Unreadable error message on the dash.

Tried to format it with NTFS and ExFAT format partitions, but came back unreadable.

The current 32GB card I have works perfectly.

Does anyone know if there is a size limit that the audi music interface can effectively see?

Just had a glance of the book....32gb maximum.

Now got a 256gb card and a 64gb card thats spare haha

Reactions: scotty76 and skiptowncat
Oh dear. Mines a 32gb card. Never RTFM

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Haha, reading the manual would have saved me about £20 in cards! Ahh well...They will come in handy for something. Got a go-pro wanna be (SJ4000) that is without a card now ha

I've got a SJ4000 and according to the book they only take 32gb to. I have tried a bigger card in it mind.

Yeah ebay

Reactions: Chris90
Just had a glance of the book....32gb maximum.

Now got a 256gb card and a 64gb card thats spare haha
Chris
I bought a 64gb card for mine and it worked after formatting to FAT32, my manual says max 32gb too. Maybe worth giving it another go?!?

Tried Fat32 and comes back as incompatible :( Shame you cant partition a SD card (i dont think)

You can create different partitions on them and I have done so with the ones I use in my RPi. Gparted is a good tool to use, might be worth a try.

64GB samsung card works :D So not all is lost :D Was the more expensive of the two so I guess you get what you pay for.

Only thing that bugs me now is the screen doesnt scroll the song titles when they are pretty long.

Reactions: scotty76
64GB samsung card works :D So not all is lost :D Was the more expensive of the two so I guess you get what you pay for.

Only thing that bugs me now is the screen doesnt scroll the song titles when they are pretty long.
Sure you know all the Debbie Gibson and Tiffany songs by now Chris.