1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Scuttle/Plenum Filling With Water Question

Chrismawa Jan 13, 2021

1. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Registered User

Im going to clean out the area under the battery as it is suffering from the common issue of filling with water. I know the small drain holes require cleaning out, but is it also advisable to remove the large rubber bungs from the holes in front of the drain holes? Any negative effects to this?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. tr7

tr7 Registered User

There's a bung directly underneath the battery. I just pushed the entire bung through and never had the issue again.

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  4. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

Remove .

5. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Registered User

I removed the big one uder the battery but kept it safe. I also cleaned the one under the servo but left it fitted. Seema to have been okay since tho

6. Chrismawa

Great cheers for that guys.

7. Chrismawa

Started the job last night and finished it off this morning. Quite dirty down, there but all clean now with both bungs removed. Should hopefully resolve the issue now permanently.

scuttleclean1.jpg scuttleclean2.jpg scuttleclean3.jpg scuttleclean4.jpg scuttleclean5.jpg scuttleclean6.jpg scuttleclean7.jpg scuttleclean8.jpg

Gazwould likes this.
  8. Chrismawa

After putting the battery back in this morning I found this wire hanging loose. The other end seems to go down into the wing. Where should it be connected?

IMG_20210118_094047.jpg

9. tr7

tr7 Registered User

Hi Chris, it's not a cable It's the battery vent tube

Should be pushed in to the hole on the side of the batter if there is one

Chrismawa likes this.
  10. Chrismawa

Thanks mate that thought had crossed my mind. Couldn't see an obvious place for it to go but I'll go have another look. Thanks for your help.

tr7 likes this.