scuttle panel

r3stu

Reaction score
Does the front scuttle panel need to be removed for the fitment off coilovers? If so how is it removed? Cheers

No it doesn't - I have managed several times between S/A3's to change the whole front suspension without taking the scuttle panel off.

It's easy enough and saves you having to remove the wipers as well.

Easily reached with a 13mm inch long socket and small ratchet spanner and finish off removal with your hands.

It is easier of course to remove the scuttle panel but this saves time IMO!

haha i would imagine its a ****** to fit the new ones, never thought f going throught the honeycomb

I don't go through the honeycomb mate. I lift the front of the scuttle panel up at the front and there is enough room to get your hand and ratchet in to remove the 3 top mount bolts.

ahh got you now mate wee bit of a irritating job getting the coils in on the three bolts?

It is not too bad - you can easily get the front or side one in to locate the top mount and then finger tighten the back one to line it all up once in position. Then tighten them all up with a small ratchet!

As stated, it is easier to remove the wipers and panel but it is possible to do it without!

TBH I've done the lift scuttle up route many times, but it is a damn site easier to remove wipers which is a 3 minute job at most & remove panel as its only clipped in, 5-10 mins job at most, then do the job at hand & refit, cause you can easily snap the plastic panel lifting it up tbh & squeezing your hand & socket/spanner in there is a pita, when you can easily remove the offending parts til job done.

Why I didnt do this before is beyond me I tell yer, I only realised 2 weeks back the poxy panel was clipped in place & lifted out so easy, was unreal.

yeah its tough to get it to come out to begine with but after youve gotten it started its easy as pie :)