1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Scuttle Cover - Plastic Screws?

acidbass Sep 7, 2020

1. acidbass

acidbass Registered User

Hi guys

New member here - looking forward to being part of the collective!

Has anyone removed their scuttle cover to clear out debris?

I attempted to remove these screws but they don't seem to be budging - they turn but don't loosen.

audi.jpg

Is there something I am doing wrong? Don't want to use brute force unless necessary!

Thanks in advance!

Danny

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RMidgett70

RMidgett70 Registered User

4. acidbass

acidbass Registered User

Thanks for your reply, but this is an entirely different scuttle panel and doesn't detail what to do with the screws/clips highlighted in my post. I have done extensive Google and Youtube searching about this and posting on here was really my last resort!

5. ***DK***

***DK*** Registered User

Just put a flat head under the lip of the screw and prise up gently as you turn. They are more like rivets than screws so just you can just pop out eventually.

acidbass likes this.
  6. Simon

Simon Registered User

it is probably just spinning becuase it is not actually located into anything under the panel.

7. BigMack

BigMack Registered User

They’re not actually screws as such. Just trim clips. So they just pop out. A trim removal tool is ideal for these. They’re like a flat fork that slides under the clip then you pry up with it and the pop out. That’s why there’s such a recessed space around them. To accommodate a trim tool.

Welcome and good luck!

acidbass likes this.
  8. acidbass

acidbass Registered User

Thanks guys! Always like to check these things before using force - been caught out a few times in the past!

Will attempt this evening :)

9. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

Did mine yesterday, although mine did unscrew they're only plastic attaching to metal so you would be safe to prise them upwards I reckon.

10. rum4mo

rum4mo Registered User

Like you I took mine off this afternoon and they unscrewed okay, they are a bit like nuts, that screw onto body mounted studs, if the OP's are not rising up/unscrewing then they have already been stripped by a clumsy person, so need helped up with a trim tool or screwdriver while unscrewing them.