Scum of the earth

I watched this on bbc news site in disbelief. ... do you think it was targeted or opportunist? ! It wasn't as if the husband was a small guy either! In this situation at least they have CCTV footage too! It's heartbreaking that you work hard to get and someone just takes it from you.... wind up!

Seen this yesterday. ...really winds me up ......we can't have anything nice these days!!!!!!

I'd guess targeted, they came out of the car with masks on and tooled up. Yeah I thought that about his size, just wished he had flattened the pair of them...karma :)

Jesus, I guess more often than not it's shock that stops people reacting how we know we'd all like too and these scum know this. Feel for the guy & his wife, the loss of the car and probably a fear it'll happen again to live with. Deffo agree on the kill switch, trouble most will only go to such lengths after the event

Very shocking indeed, but at least no one was hurt which is the main thing. As much as we all love our cars they can easily be replaced at the end if the day, your health not so much.

How I would love to get those two and kick their teeth through the back of their heads.
I would enjoy doing that......filthy disgusting pieces of cr@p that they are.

Hope the guy is ok.

I would of thrown the keys as far as I could!(easy to say I suppose without being put in that situation ?)

Mental footage

Reactions: Ignition1
I would of thrown the keys as far as I could!(easy to say I suppose without being put in that situation ?)

Mental footage

That was my thought, throw them into the roof. At least they would be easy to retrieve! I too was shocked after seeing this, especially after taking delivery of a new '16 plate A3!!

If that was a bat, not a machete, I'd have been getting stuck RIGHT in. Poor fella looks like a gentle giant, plus he's got his wife and her friend to think of.
Scum.

Reactions: A3_Rider and Jassyo06
Just horrendous, feel so sorry for those people.

****** brave both of them to be fair not sure many would have been caught cold like that.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thought of this thread whilst watching TV last night! We had a Indian takeaway delivered at about 7pm, at 8.30pm the door bell rang!!! I thought that's odd who's this at this time of night? (Then thought if this thread), rather than going straight to the door like normal, I pulled the curtain back in the lounge and looked through the window, there was a guy standing at the door with another bag of food!!! He had the right address, but we hadn't ordered from where he was from lol. The point being, videos like the one in the news do make you think about your own security/safety!!!

Reactions: davc and Soulboy
Thought of this thread whilst watching TV last night! We had a Indian takeaway delivered at about 7pm, at 8.30pm the door bell rang!!! I thought that's odd who's this at this time of night? (Then thought if this thread), rather than going straight to the door like normal, I pulled the curtain back in the lounge and looked through the window, there was a guy standing at the door with another bag of food!!! He had the right address, but we hadn't ordered from where he was from lol. The point being, videos like the one in the news do make you think about your own security/safety!!!

A good habit to develop.

There are lots of instances of thieves just knocking on the front door.....then barging in once it's open and demanding the keys.

Spy hole and security chain useful in this instance.

Reactions: richinsoton and davc
Saw this the other day. Disgusting. It'll be in a shipping container on its way to the Balkens. Hope a tracker was fitted. Even if caught, they'll get a suspended sentence. Makes me sick.

A good habit to develop.

There are lots of instances of thieves just knocking on the front door.....then barging in once it's open and demanding the keys.

Spy hole and security chain useful in this instance.
Indeed.

My motto is expect the unexpected.

There have been a few break ins round my estate recently and I'm always on guard. Heard a few reports of suspicious looking scrotes hanging about and checking out cars and if people's doors are locked.

It's shocking to be honest.

Reactions: cpc_s3
Get a noisy dog. Mines flies at the door no matter who is at it. Neighbours love her as they know when someone's around. She doesn't bother barking when it's the kids out playing. The minute someone she doesn't know or car she hasn't clocked before, off she goes! I'd never be without a dog now..

Reactions: Martinbanshee, richinsoton, DrEskimo and 2 others
Surely,the answer is buy gap insurance and let them take the car

GAP insurance is good, but what do you do for the X amount of weeks you don't have your car?...If a few simple measure to protect yourself/car can be done to prevent it from being take in the first place, isn't that a better option?

Reactions: cpc_s3 and DrEskimo
GAP insurance is good, but what do you do for the X amount of weeks you don't have your car?...If a few simple measure to protect yourself/car can be done to prevent it from being take in the first place, isn't that a better option?

I think the problem is those measures are good for tackling opportunist thieves, but this video looks like a 'steal to order' one. IMO if someone wants your car they will get it eventually, no matter what obstacles you put in their way. I'm certainly all for methods to make it harder, but at the same time I would rather let the thieves have the car and protect me and my family from any potential harm.

As stated, I have GAP insurance for this very reason...while inconvenient, metal can be replaced...

Reactions: cpc_s3
wow people really have reached a new low that is disgusting. thats a beheading if that ever comes near my house.

Reactions: A3_Rider, Martinbanshee and Dazzeroo

That is true.

Only problem is, you have no idea how you will react if something like that happens. Instinct may kick in......fight or flight.

You also have no idea how they are going to react.

I think the problem is those measures are good for tackling opportunist thieves, but this video looks like a 'steal to order' one. IMO if someone wants your car they will get it eventually, no matter what obstacles you put in their way. I'm certainly all for methods to make it harder, but at the same time I would rather let the thieves have the car and protect me and my family from any potential harm.

As stated, I have GAP insurance for this very reason...while inconvenient, metal can be replaced...
I fully agree but at least if you make it harder for them it deters the opportunist thief that just wants a joyride. If a pro thief takes it you will never get it back and that it what I bought GAP for, I wouldn't want it back after a joyrider has been in it.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
After doing a bit of DIY in my house a few weeks ago, I temporarily left a fairly heavy metal pole near the front door. I think I'll keep it there just in case.

Also like @Codlot said - I'd throw the keys on the roof, or drop them in a drain.

Reactions: Martinbanshee
If only that husband was packing heat. He could have lit that guy in green up.

I wish someone would come at me like that, I'd go for his head.

GAP is for covering your losses, it's not a reason to make it easy for thieving scroats. I've chased away thieves from my property before and I'd do it again, with force if needed. It's not in my nature to roll over and take it and it's served me well in the past.
But...if they pull a gun out I'll be on the phone to ALA

Reactions: A3_Rider, Ignition1 and Simon L
If only that husband was packing heat. He could have lit that guy in green up.

I wish someone would come at me like that, I'd go for his head.

^ This ^
When he starts hitting his arm with the iron bar to get the keys, a big left hook to the head would have floored him no doubt.

Pity the guy wasn't a hard ba5tard to give them what they deserved.

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Dazzeroo
There are not words to describe my hatred for individuals who treat the common man in this way.

I cant see how there is a place for these half wits on this planet and the money we'd spend trying to re-educate the ***** could be better spent on helping individuals who wanted to be part of society.