Screw loose??

Riko0073

Reaction score
so I've had a sound that seems to be behind the VC or dashboard that seems like a small piece of plastic or screw sliding inside?

Doesn't always do it but then a lot of the time I've got the B&O cranked up!

Booked into dealer tomorrow to investigate but bit concerned how they would even locate a piece of whatever it is without dismantling the dash and who knows what problems I'll then have with creaks etc when put back together?!?

Guess I'll see what they say tomorrow after investigation but what would you guys do, would you trust them pulling things apart to try find the problem or live with it doesn't happen a lot?

so I've had a sound that seems to be behind the VC or dashboard that seems like a small piece of plastic or screw sliding inside?

Doesn't always do it but then a lot of the time I've got the B&O cranked up!

Booked into dealer tomorrow to investigate but bit concerned how they would even locate a piece of whatever it is without dismantling the dash and who knows what problems I'll then have with creaks etc when put back together?!?

Guess I'll see what they say tomorrow after investigation but what would you guys do, would you trust them pulling things apart to try find the problem or live with it doesn't happen a lot?
Take pictures of surround. Screen steering wheel . Etc before hand

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073
I'd be groaning to be honest. The random loose item would honestly annoy me a lot, but I'd just know that if they could find the problem and fix it (which they may not), there'd be a good chance of other squeaks and creaks developing. I know it'll be down to them to sort out, but I'd be pretty unhappy at the prospect of all the going back and forth to the dealer.

So that said, I'd probably actually do nothing for now in the hope that whatever it is that's got loose, will somehow end up getting stuck somewhere.

Reactions: Riko0073
I'd be groaning to be honest. The random loose item would honestly annoy me a lot, but I'd just know that if they could find the problem and fix it (which they may not), there'd be a good chance of other squeaks and creaks developing. I know it'll be down to them to sort out, but I'd be pretty unhappy at the prospect of all the going back and forth to the dealer.

So that said, I'd probably actually do nothing for now in the hope that whatever it is that's got loose, will somehow end up getting stuck somewhere.
Yeah that was my initial thought to about doing nothing for now.

Tried listening again earlier and it might be coming from steering column so maybe not a bigger issue to investigate.

I'll take it in tomorrow and see what the technician says before agreeing next steps, I'll want assurances that's it's taken apart and reinstalled with care to avoid other issues.

UPDATE - all sorted thankfully, was just a loose fixing for some trim under the steering column!

So glad it's fixed and no need to dismantle the dash : )

Reactions: cuke2u
I think I've got one in my passenger door card.. It's driving me insane.
Been into Audi, they didn't even remove it to check.
Booked in for 1st service in a month, so I've neigh on demanded they remove it and check this time

I think I've got one in my passenger door card.. It's driving me insane.
Been into Audi, they didn't even remove it to check.
Booked in for 1st service in a month, so I've neigh on demanded they remove it and check this time
Oh dear, they really should be offering to fix this!

Hope you get it sorted buddy.