Scratch removal

blue10

Reaction score
Scratch removal

Anyone have any top tips for removing scratches? I tried some Meguiar’s Scratch X and their recommended applicator pads yesterday to no great affect. The scratche saren’t particularly deep; how do you use your Scratch X or is there something better available to do the job?

Cheers,
Dave

Depending on depth, machine polish is the best way. But dont just go at it, needs to be done properly, else you may risk burning the paint, or cutting too deep.

Reactions: blue10
For normal as I call daily scratches I use T-cut however colour specific I've got myself one silver and another black both together work perfect for my dolphin grey.

Dependent on how deep they are, machine polishing would be best. If you run the finger nail over the scratch and it gets caught in it, you'll be lucky to get it out.

I have tried T-cut before for couple of quid and worked reasonbly fine! Not that great TBH, I'll give 6/10 from my personal experience, BTW I tried it on dolphin grey, the lighter the colour the better, for instant silver, grey, dolphin grey would work fine, never tried it on black but I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as red or sprint blue as they are quite bright colours to work on... :)
Also you probably need to polish the car once done! I didn't personally :)
Hope it helps

Thanks for all your replies.

The scratches aren't deep particularly, although the car is brilliant black so I just wonder how effective T-cut might be.

I don't have access to a machine polisher, so it will all be by hand.

Dave