scratch removal

RONADOR

Reaction score
hi,just looking for some advice,i came home from work the other day and there was a huge bird s**t on my bonnet which was solid,i used an autoglym bird dropping wipe but it has left a big scratch on the bonnet now,the scratch isn't that deep but long because i rubbed it so hard:wacko:.is there any scratch removal products that will work?????cheers

If it's not too deep a scratch then it can be fixed really quickly by using a machine polisher. Take a look at the detailing forum on this site, loads of good advice and step by step guides on how to 'really' look after your paintwork. If you fancy splashing out on a dual action polisher, pads, polish etc.. then this will serve you well in the long run but be warned it can become an obsession!! Otherwise just find a local detailer and they'll sort it no problem!!

yea the buffer should take it out as long as your finger nail cant catch the stratch

Someone will be along to sort your scratch out thats more qualified than me, but the next time you have to get bird s**t off your car take some kitchen roll and fold it a couple of times place over s**t and pour water onto kitchen roll and leave for 20-30 minutes, the soaked kitchen roll will soften it alowing you to remove s**t without scratching your car.
Regards George

The best stuff I've found on a budget is Meguirs Scratch X 2.0. I find this stuff
gets rid of all sorts of little scratches and imperfections.
This followed by a little polish and wax has always worked for me. :thumbsup:

cheers guys,i have also been told that farecla scratch remover does a good job,has anyone used this????

i used this farecla and its took the fooking paint off,dont know if i rubbed to hard but its left it white looking,so lads and girls dont use this!!!!!!

There are loads of grades of farecla which did you use? you must have used so elbow grease to mis-colour the paint using it though

G3 can sometimes be to rough, Try using 3M Finesse. I have got marks where bird crap has messed the paint work. The best thing to do is as soon as you see it wipe it off, dont scrub away as sometimes the bird poo contains seeds and can scratch your car. I have recently bough Supaguard bird lime spray which takes off bird crap really quickly and clean. Another tip is to have some soda water in the car which you can put on the mess which acts like a neutraliser to help the bird poo acid going through the paint.