Scraping the Drive

A3TDI2.0

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a 2.0TDI with the Sports suspension, which I think is lower than the standard model? with some Vortex sides and an ABT front.

Its the front thats causing me the problem as it scrapes when I get in / out of the drive due to the incline. I think I have 3 options to sort this.

A) Raise the car - Will I need a new set of springs (if so how much ££) or can my current ones be adjusted (is there such a thing)

B) Get some bigger wheels - Stupid question but if larger alloys are on will this raise the car a little?

C) Get my drive re-done to sort the angle out, although I don't want to go down this route having just spent over 6k on it!

:sos:

If you want some springs, i have some SE ones here from a 2.0 tdi.

It should raise your car about 10mm

Or you could get the KW coilovers with hydraulic lift system :thumbsup:

May seem silly but have you tried getting onto your drive more parralel (if you can) Thats always help me out in the past, driving up head on is the worst way.

Also try reversing on, once half way up give it some lock to clear the incline. Both cheaper than having to modify anything

the ABT spoiler is a bit low though, thats the issue. Sports sit at normal ride height.

new wheels wont help because the bigger the alloy, the small the tire, you have to keep the same overall size of wheel to keep the speedo reading correctly.

you could fit SE spring but that might look weird with the kit you have put on your car. i'd say, look at getting the drive done, or you could put some planks of wood down to make the nose of car higher.

have like two, two meter lengths of 8inch by 2inch wood going up ur drive! have them secured to ur drive so they dont slip!

Last edited:
To be slightly more helpful that my earlier post. I too have a very steep drive, and if I come on or off square (at a right angle to the road) it catches the bumper. I approach at about 45 degrees which means when going up the drive, it picks up the front o/s wheel first, then the front n/s then a bit of right hand down and the rear wheels come on square

My BM scrapes the pavement if I try and drive up forwards, if I reverse up it clears, maybe try that with someone watching out.

No need to apologise man, what I've heard is they are abit tosh. Although his is the starter in the game. Bag yard is good stuff that TUK use and so is the stuff Luke uses, what rims you goin for and what mods u got planned?

No need to apologise man, what I've heard is they are abit tosh. Although his is the starter in the game. Bag yard is good stuff that TUK use and so is the stuff Luke uses, what rims you goin for and what mods u got planned?

Yer I've heard Bag Yard is good. Think thats the digital one that you can have pre-set's for isnt it?

Have replied in my other thread about the wheels and will chuck in there about a few mods aswell to save clogging someone else's thread :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, the turning at 45 degrees has solved it.

I was coming on and reversing off in a straight line, now I'm turning on at an angle it clears it easy so cheers for that!