scottish meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is any one going or not this never seems to go anywhere

With all due respect mate, I dont think Friday at 6pm is a particularly useful time to hold a 'national' meet.

Friday at 6pm is basically excluding anyone who lives further away from Sitrling than Falkirk.....

I'm all for a regular meet, but need to be a bit wise about when you have it.

Read the post has been try. Ed on 4 different time what do u have in mind m8

I think the big problem is that there seems to be a massive dis-interest in this. This thread kinda proves it, there's probably about half a dozen folk from the whole country who've shown an interest in this or making it happen.

:(

If it happens, they will come :think: or something like that haha.

Week nights are probably a non-starter due to the size of area to cover, Sundays might be better since the majority of shows are on sundays anyway so if theres show then it can be the local meet

the only ones that can make happen r u s so no mater what night if u want to come u will if not dont

Week nights are ok for local members, maybe set up a monthly spot for people within an hour or so? Friday evening isn't going to work for people travelling a few hours either way. Also try to consider the time people have to see if they're free or not - too far ahead and people tend to forget, not enough notice and people will likely not manage/be free.

It'd be good to see some local meets start regularly, then we can again look into getting a few areas together for bigger meets.

i will be in stirling 4 6pm and see what happens

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I'll be there also! At cbp?
5th or 6th?

So who's gonna be there? Was debating bringing the camera or not!?

Last edited:
dont think u will need that think this will be a flop

well all done me and aly nice guy so we will try anther date see how that goes

Nice to meet you too Barry! :)
Hopefully the next one will be a better/bigger turn out...

I'd like to suggest a venue, Powmill Milkbar, best to google it for location. It's kinda central to Edinburgh, Glasgow and them up north. It's also in the countryside and has some great driving roads round that area too. It's also got a nice cheap cafe with homemade food and a reasonable size car park too.

Sounds good to me. Any weekend apart from this one and next is good for me

Ok I'll stick up two provisional dates of Saturday 31st Aug or Sunday 1st September. I've chosen these dates as there's the big cruise this weekend, touring cars later on so end of the month will give folk time to organise with wives etc plus those who are monthly paid will be paid.

31st would be perfect. Come on guys. I was a Nissan gtr meet a few weeks ago and there was some turn out. We need to do better than this!! There are much more audis out there

Reactions: colinurquhart
31st would be perfect. Come on guys. I was a Nissan gtr meet a few weeks ago and there was some turn out. We need to do better than this!! There are much more audis out there

Yeah there is mate but getting them all together is the problem. This one should be a better one than the Stirling attempt as that was an epic fail. A months notice is also good. I will provisionally say yes and then confirm nearer the date......all depends if I have any late minute remap bookings as weekend work is becoming more popular as customers only days off and they seem to just drop in.

Reactions: R90 STL
Sounds good to me, only thing on that weekend is Volksfling Mk2 but thats mainly older vws in attendance so I can give that a miss

Provisional yes for me. Will confirm date in next few days. :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.