Scottish meet: Sunday 2nd September, Crail Raceway.

It was a good day out for sure! Some of us Aberdeen lot bailed a little early to get up the road for a decent time, but was great to see the cars and meet you guys. :)

@FBF01 we still need the link for the number plate mounts that you were talking about! ;)

Reactions: Ian66, FBF01 and JG51 AUD
It was a good day out for sure! Some of us Aberdeen lot bailed a little early to get up the road for a decent time, but was great to see the cars and meet you guys. :)

@FBF01 we still need the link for the number plate mounts that you were talking about! ;)

H, good things come to those who wait!

He’s on Insta, or even if you google it, his website comes up. Youl need to be fluent in German ha. It’s the first option though, ‘kennzeichenhalter’ . Twistnfix.de Not available at the moment by all accounts, keep looking every other day. Messaged him and they will be released shortly! He’ll make a pretty penny that’s for sure.

You checked your times yet on Crails website?

Reactions: Daggerit
H, good things come to those who wait!

He’s on Insta, or even if you google it, his website comes up. Youl need to be fluent in German ha. It’s the first option though, ‘kennzeichenhalter’ . Twistnfix.de Not available at the moment by all accounts, keep looking every other day. Messaged him and they will be released shortly! He’ll make a pretty penny that’s for sure.

You checked your times yet on Crails website?

Awesome, I'll see what I can find with that then!

I've had a look, 12.5s was my best, but I think that it could still go a little faster if I built up the boost for a second longer and didn't have a completely brimmed tank of fuel. Haha. Not terrible considering the RS4 ran a 12.140s. What was your number again?

Awesome, I'll see what I can find with that then!

I've had a look, 12.5s was my best, but I think that it could still go a little faster if I built up the boost for a second longer and didn't have a completely brimmed tank of fuel. Haha. Not terrible considering the RS4 ran a 12.140s. What was your number again?

Ran an 11.55 at 119. Get better tyres on and might be able to get the power down a bit better than spinning all 4s. Still, happy with that! Wanted an 11.3 m, which is manageable for sure. Just happy to have pumped the REVO car stage 1 with upgraded intercooler, intake and almost slick tyres.

12.5 is really impressive! The launch in your motor was effortless, maybe something to do with the gearbox. Ditch the DTUK box for a map and youl be a fair bit quicker for sure.

12.5 is really impressive! The launch in your motor was effortless, maybe something to do with the gearbox. Ditch the DTUK box for a map and youl be a fair bit quicker for sure.

Yeah, once they crack the ECU and have an APR map out I think that's what I'll be doing. Add a high flow down pipe and I think that the car should be close to 500bhp and would put down a more impressive time. I'd like to think that 11's were possible after that!

Yeah, once they crack the ECU and have an APR map out I think that's what I'll be doing. Add a high flow down pipe and I think that the car should be close to 500bhp and would put down a more impressive time. I'd like to think that 11's were possible after that!

Sounds like it will be a sleeper for sure, especially being de-badged! Massive exhausts give the game away a bit ha.

100%, mapped and a de-cat ;) that thing will not only fly but sound incredible. 11s all day

Sounds like it will be a sleeper for sure, especially being de-badged! Massive exhausts give the game away a bit ha.

I suppose I have to have something to hint at it being a sleeper... ;) That said, they're just bolted on so I could always swap them out. The next size down can look a little lost in the diffuser is the only problem, that's why I went for the GTR-spec GT100 versions. Haha.

Reactions: FBF01
https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1429818-driver-clocked-at-141mph-on-dual-carriageway-through-fife/

This is the boy in the Red R I believe who was up there. His indicators are always enabled, youl have seen his car up there in sure.

Me and Neil (with the BMW) we’re trying to decide who we thought it was when we saw it on Facebook like the day after. Muppet, surely you know not to speed to/from something like that because there’s a high chance of police and camera vans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and Neil (with the BMW) we’re trying to decide who we thought it was when we saw it on Facebook like the day after. Muppet, surely you know not to speed to/from something like that because there’s a high chance of police and camera vans.

Problem is they will throw everything at him, especially if it looks like he’s been racing on what can be a busy road. So easily done but 141mph in a Golf R...you’d need to keep your foot planted for a good bit. He must be spewing!!!!!!!!!! He must have known he was caught, still went down the 1/4 mile though ha

Problem is they will throw everything at him, especially if it looks like he’s been racing on what can be a busy road. So easily done but 141mph in a Golf R...you’d need to keep your foot planted for a good bit. He must be spewing!!!!!!!!!! He must have known he was caught, still went down the 1/4 mile though ha

Yeah, that still takes a decent stretch of road. Wouldn’t take long in your car though.

Reactions: FBF01
Yeah, that still takes a decent stretch of road. Wouldn’t take long in your car though.

Ha, that’s the problem, it gets to those sort of speeds in no time at all. Like your car, it’s just so smooth and effortless that the numbers climb faster than you realise. I mean the **** end of 4th gear in manual mode for me, now that it’s been mapped, hits 129 :wtf:

I was going to try get to the magic 500bhp but now thinking against it. I mean, what for? It’s fast enough for road use so think il just go down the aesthetics route ha. Sod ending up like that lad

Any idea when the next meet is lads just recently bought an A4 2.0 tdi 170 and could do with some incite, it does look like a good day out too

Put it this way, we won't need to look for him at the next Crail event, feel it for him though, his car will be parked up for a while or be sold.

As you say, there is always a Police presence on the roads at any motoring event. :busted cop:

JG