1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Scottish Car Show Stand - indoor vs outdoor

MartayMcFly Jan 12, 2015

1. MartayMcFly

MartayMcFly Booooooost Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

The booking form(s) have arrived and top of the list of what needs sorted is whether we want to jump in and book an indoor stand, or if we want to make the most of the sun and natural light outdoors?

Personally I'd rather we keep it outdoors, since we won't be as restricted to space (indoor stands are up to 20 cars) and it'll give us more time to get people organised as indoor forms need to be in by the end of March. We also wouldn't be allowed the tent in the hall.

I'll be posting in the usual Facebook forums too, and this is just a show of hands not about committing to be on the stand.

Thoughts?

Martin

Sandra likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Outdoors for me. Even if the weather is not great, i like the feel of the outdoors, better atmosphere and space. Thats my personal opinion, look at it this way Martin, when we were at the SECC it was restricted, outside was where we should have been, especially since the weather was suitable. You can wander freely and feel more part of the show experience. We not buying cars, we showing them off. Nothing better than natural daylight for that. :) x

stuartm, Doogie... and MartayMcFly like this.
  4. MartayMcFly

Just to make things more complicated, the option of maybe having a 10-car spot indoors as well has been suggested... but that'll be number dependent because I don't want to take too much away from the main stand. Would only be for the proper show cars indoors though too, not the same open-door policy as for outdoors.

5. dzTT

dzTT Active Member

I'd say outside again, as the weather was good last year...I will probably regret saying that this year though.

MartayMcFly and Sandra like this.
  6. MartayMcFly

Only had one say 'leaning towards indoors, but happy either way'... majority are either 'don't care' or 'outdoors'. Good news, gives us more space to get sorted out, and we can bring a BBQ!

7. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member

Outdoors for me and IF the BBQ pitches it has to be

8. Higgsy

Higgsy Hard To Spin

Definitely outdoors imho. The chances of good weather are fairly high and of course, I'm all about dat bbq

9. J6YAK

J6YAK Team Dark Red Mica

Looking forward to this as I've visited a few times but never had a car of mine on display.
    I personally think outside would be better and even if it rains so what, there will be plenty of lovely beading on display!!
    + It's the week after i get home from Mexico, so it'll help with the post holiday blues!!

10. MartayMcFly

Indoor space is not fully booked, so we're definitely all outdoors!

11. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member

Bring on the sunshine then, and BBQ.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. weebeasTTie

weebeasTTie Member

Out doors for me, finger crossed for good weather the same as last year.

MartayMcFly likes this.
  14. manor13

manor13 Active Member

spot we had last year was pretty good.

weebeasTTie likes this.
  15. beadieb7

beadieb7 New Member

Great day last year, same again please.

16. Gfermer

Gfermer Active Member

Looking forward to this missed last year and cars had a lot done to it on the last few months