Scottish car show 21st July 2013 at SECC (Glasgow)

Ive just heard that Iains minted superharged RS4 is no longer coming.............thats a shame coz it would of been a real head turner. We have enough to do a good display so no probs.

I thought the majority of the cars were pitching up on the Sunday morning....we have an additional helper too.....The Dude is coming......My son Elliot is staying for a wee while over the school hols so hes coming over with me.....Auntie Sandra can keep him entertained....lol

Reactions: Sandra
Ive just heard that Iains minted superharged RS4 is no longer coming.............thats a shame coz it would of been a real head turner. We have enough to do a good display so no probs.

I thought the majority of the cars were pitching up on the Sunday morning....we have an additional helper too.....The Dude is coming......My son Elliot is staying for a wee while over the school hols so hes coming over with me.....Auntie Sandra can keep him entertained....lol

I will sure let elliot hang out with me, us good looking people must stick together, lol. Be good to see him Mark. I will spoil him, you been warned. :) x

I hope someone has sorted out something like this for the ASN stand.

I went to Japfest at Castle Combe in my S3 last year!

Having said that I don't go for the cars... I go for this:

5748571527_cdc3b4df45.jpg

Iain, i will try wear the asn colours for you all, lmao. :) x

Sorry to disappoint anyone with my no-show as I hate letting folk down but I did post up on another of the many threads about this meeting on the 7th April that I wasn't willing to go to the SECC. I just couldn't face standing about in a big shed all day with the sun blazing down all day!

All of a sudden, this feels like its really not far away at all!!

Less than 3 weeks away now..... so much to do, so little time aaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Starting to quite look forward ot it now though :)

It does seem to be creeping up on us.

Hopefully it'll be a good one, got a few days off the week before to get the car reasonably clean haha

Right guys remember if your wanting your cars detailed before the show gimme a call now as its going to be busy. I have 4 to do so far including the S3 so do it now to avoid disappointment.

Right guys remember if your wanting your cars detailed before the show gimme a call now as its going to be busy. I have 4 to do so far including the S3 so do it now to avoid disappointment.

Quite looking forward to see what you can do with my old bus Mark.... no pressure.... :p

I think I saw a couple of things on facebook last night about the show that folk should be aware of......

Think the details Martay is gathering need to be submitted by July 12th? So bear that in mind if he asks you for anything.

With regards to the show, I was sure I read a post on their facebook, but I cant find it any more - basically it outlined a few things to note on the day.

A couple of them from memory:

All cars will need a drip tray under them - kitchen foil ones will do apparently.

And also, you must have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel in your car on the day. Not sure of the logic behind that one in honesty and a bit of a pain considering I just stuck £90 of diesel in mine.....!

Hi all

I realy hate do to this but iam not going to be able to put my car in the Show this year :( work is very busy just know and i have not do anything to my car. I made sure that iam free the day of the show so i will come along and see yous.

For the money that i paid you lot can buy drinks with it if you what ?

David

I think I saw a couple of things on facebook last night about the show that folk should be aware of......

Think the details Martay is gathering need to be submitted by July 12th? So bear that in mind if he asks you for anything.

With regards to the show, I was sure I read a post on their facebook, but I cant find it any more - basically it outlined a few things to note on the day.

A couple of them from memory:

All cars will need a drip tray under them - kitchen foil ones will do apparently.

And also, you must have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel in your car on the day. Not sure of the logic behind that one in honesty and a bit of a pain considering I just stuck £90 of diesel in mine.....!

The insurance etc form needs to be in by the 14th. I was going to be PMing everyone to get the last of the info (mainly just missing contact number and car regs). I've not heard or seen anything about drip trays nor fuel levels, but I'll chase that up.

Iain - good idea. There is a similar sheet for AITP and GTI Inters, so I'll see about getting one done for this too.

I defo saw a post on their facebook page talking about that, but it appears to have gone now. Not sure why.

Maybe i was trippin.....?!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Back my holidays the monday before the show so decided to take the rest of that week off to start getting the car cleaned...no doubt it will rain on the saturday and put all my hard work to waste haha

PS Martay you've got PM'd :thumbsup:

I defo saw a post on their facebook page talking about that, but it appears to have gone now. Not sure why.

Maybe i was trippin.....?!

Confirmed - drip trays and 1/4 tank of fuel max. We can basically use anything as a drip tray, the flooring is latex so will just get ruined by oil.

Hi all

I realy hate do to this but iam not going to be able to put my car in the Show this year :( work is very busy just know and i have not do anything to my car. I made sure that iam free the day of the show so i will come along and see yous.

For the money that i paid you lot can buy drinks with it if you what ?

David

David......if its too much to do then sling me the car for 2 days and I shall get her in mint condition beforehand. I have 4 cars in total to do so far so another one is not gonna make much difference.

Have we got any timings. I know we can get in there on the Saturday to set up but what about cars etc etc as mine will be coming over early Sunday morning. Are we gonna need specific passes to get in? and when can the cars come out.....I know cease show but is there a deadline to get them out?

drip trays and a 1/4 tank? I just filled it up last night ******, I'll need to drive about for ages to get down to half a tank never mind 1/4 haha

Thats very strange as alot of places like the car to be full so as the tank doesn't have a lot of vapour in it. 1/4 tank means alot of vapour.............oh well their rules I suppose so 1/4 tank it is then. The queue at the nearest petrol station is gonna be huge.

Have we got any timings. I know we can get in there on the Saturday to set up but what about cars etc etc as mine will be coming over early Sunday morning. Are we gonna need specific passes to get in? and when can the cars come out.....I know cease show but is there a deadline to get them out?

Yup, sorry. Email from Sharon below:

Some Show information for car exhibitors -

1. Set Up day on Saturday open from 10am to 5pm

2. Set up on Sunday 6am to 9am
3. All cars inside must have less than 1/4 Tank of Fuel
4. Drip trays needed for all indoor cars *please note foil trays or even bin bags are fine to be used as drip trays, you can purchase these from a supermarket.

An e-mail will be coming out shortly with all this information and you will get it in your pack as well which will be sent out the week leading up to the show.

Many thanks,

Sharon
Sharon Bange
Scottish Car Show
T: 0141 416 0033
W:www.scottishcarshow.com

Last edited:
Have just seen this on Facebook......someone posted it up. Thats OK then.....early start for me and the dude (Elliot) on Sunday then. Sandra you better be prepared to entertain him when Im half asleep inside in my car..........lol

Mine's getting polished on the Thursday so shouldn't take a lot to get 'show ready' :o.k:

It's starting to come together ....really looking forward to it :yes:

PM'd you Martay...let me know if u get it ok

cheers
Jimmy

Just incase anyone is needing to pressure wash there car before it gets into the secc there is a semi decent self wash at the BP petrol station on south street just along the road from the secc cost £1 for 2mins. It's good enough to blast the loose dirt and flys off before a quick detail for the show.

It's starting to come together ....really looking forward to it :yes:

PM'd you Martay...let me know if u get it ok

cheers
Jimmy

It's pretty close now, isn't it. And yeah, got the PM alright, thanks Jimmy.

I'd imagine a quick blast with a jet wash will be a good idea after the drive through. Hopefully its a nice / dry day so the cars arent in tooooo much of a state.

Are folk still wanting to meet up before heading through? What kinda time are we thinking?

Still dont get the 1/4 tank of fuel theory. I might well struggle to get down from a full tank to less than a quarter in two weeks.

Ah a nice early rise on a sunday :gaehn: I'll probably fall asleep at some point during the day haha

meeting up somewhere before hand would probably make it easier when we get to the secc.

Martin, John will be happy to put his RS3 on the clubstand, can you pm the details over to him please. Thanks. :) x

I will be coming along to the show next weekend. I'm just wondering does ASN have a stand? If so who going on and are yous all meeting up before hand.

I will be coming along to the show next weekend. I'm just wondering does ASN have a stand? If so who going on and are yous all meeting up before hand.

Nicky, if you and your friend can be there all day that'd be fantastic. John (RS3-KEL) has had to pull out, so we're again missing an RS3. Yours would be more than welcome on the stand.

In other news, we've just lost an ROV which is going to make this 7-day job dangerously close to the show weekend. I'll let you all know what's going on with which hall and what the system is going to be for tickets as and when I hear.

I was gonna pop over on the Saturday to help set-up and then leave about 6ish on Sunday morning so the car is washed and in the venue as early as possible so I can get it minty clean. I will be bringin my Rupes kit with me so no worries if anyone wants a quick blat.

Can we leave the car's in over night on the Saturday? will be in Glasgow if you guys need a hand with thing's on Saturday.