Scottish car show 21st July 2013 at SECC (Glasgow)

Right, Sharon@scottishcarshow has confirmed that the show has been moved to the SECC. It'll still be the same show as last year, just everything will be under cover now (or so they said). Still waiting on word of whether we can get in the night before, and whether we can still put up the tent (I assume the halls have a high enough roof so don't see why not).

Details will be passed on as soon I have them.

Right, Sharon@scottishcarshow has confirmed that the show has been moved to the SECC. It'll still be the same show as last year, just everything will be under cover now (or so they said). Still waiting on word of whether we can get in the night before, and whether we can still put up the tent (I assume the halls have a high enough roof so don't see why not).

Details will be passed on as soon I have them.

Im pretty sure the tent needs to be put up on grass, i will check with adam though. :) x

Ahh indoors...no bbq then? :notme:should be alright if the weather is crap but might be a bit of a ****** getting to the correct hall when you get there though
I cant see this as being a problem as we should know beforehand which hall we will be in :)

Cant see why the tent cannot go inside. Even if it is designed for grass it can still be put up inside........be easier as no wind to blow it about the place. We can just use 1 car per corner to pin the outer bit under the wheel. Simples!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They should up date there web site it still shows it at the royal show ground. Not very fair on people that don't follow them on Facebook and don't know about the switch of venue and buy tickets for Edinburgh and then need to get to Glasgow for the show.

http://www.scottishcarshow.com/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365009572840059

Last edited:
They should up date there web site it still shows it at the royal show ground. Not very fair on people that don't follow them on Facebook and don't know about the switch of venue and buy tickets for Edinburgh and then need to get to Glasgow for the show.

View attachment 13505

I agree with you, they should up date it

Still no update from Sharon, but the website does at least say SECC now.

Ok, small update:

They are currently sorting the layout/position of all the cars, so we should know which hall we're in soon. They're also happy with us using the tent and flag, suggesting we get some gazebo weights to pin down the corners (I can pick some up from B&Q, then fill them with water at the SECC).

Also, since Anglewax will be at the show, Mark won't be acting as trader so I can refund you all the extra £5. Or, we can put it towards some sort of refreshments on the day? Any ideas, let me know, or if anyone just wants it back I'll get refunding once I'm home (I'll be back in the real world May 7th/8th).

Martin

I'm not too bothered about the fiver, its paid now and i'll not notice its gone. Appreciate that dishing out refunds to everyone might be a bit of a pain in the backside, so if you want to just put it towards something for the day then i'm cool with that :)

Ok, small update:

They are currently sorting the layout/position of all the cars, so we should know which hall we're in soon. They're also happy with us using the tent and flag, suggesting we get some gazebo weights to pin down the corners (I can pick some up from B&Q, then fill them with water at the SECC).

Also, since Anglewax will be at the show, Mark won't be acting as trader so I can refund you all the extra £5. Or, we can put it towards some sort of refreshments on the day? Any ideas, let me know, or if anyone just wants it back I'll get refunding once I'm home (I'll be back in the real world May 7th/8th).

Martin

Martin hi good news about that, was thinking if people are not too bothered about that £5 then you could use that for the weights etc and then if there is anything left that could be used towards refreshments.

Lets see what they think.

Susan x

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Following up from my previous post, there will in fact be a "set up day" on Saturday the 20th, so we can get the cars in and ready for the Sunday show. I'd say that's pretty good news. Saves me driving down at 3am or anything ridiculous.

Hmmm. Should we read that as 'the cars must be in the hall on saturday', or 'the cars CAN be in the hall on saturday'??

That might prove to be a bit of a pain meaning i'd need to dump my car on saturday, get back from Glasgow to Saturday night, then get back through again on Sunday morning.

If thats gonna be the case, maybe i'll just stay in Glasgow on the saturday night - every chance i'll be hungover on Sunday if thats the case ha!

I'll be staying in Glasgow overnight now, but I think there will still be a chance if you show up early enough on the Sunday morning to get in before the crowds. I suppose it depends on where in the hall we actually are, too.

Hmmmm leaving the car overnight and possibly a night out on the lash in Glasgae......sounds good to me. Marty and Susan.....we is gonna get lashed. Get the train.....pah!!! My bro stays in Robroyston so not that far away from the SECC.

I will give the car a wash before it goes in and a quick once over with Angelwax stuff and were all sorted. If anyone else wants the BroTek treatment on their car the day before or on the day then let me know and I shall load the boot up with products.

There is no reason for me to take a trade stand now seeing as my sponsor, Angelwax will be attending with their show stand and lots of products. I can however plug Shark Performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESD1711 and Smillie13
Will be staying the night in Glasgow, so the car will be there on Saturday, think it will be the CitizenM hotel for me.

I'll be living it up in the SECC-attached Crowne Plaza (booked through work's travel agent so got a good rate). Mark, I'll be getting the car polished in the days running up to the show, but will likely need a quick once over when I get there to remove the "drive". BroTek treatment would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Smillie13
I'll be living it up in the SECC-attached Crowne Plaza (booked through work's travel agent so got a good rate). Mark, I'll be getting the car polished in the days running up to the show, but will likely need a quick once over when I get there to remove the "drive". BroTek treatment would be much appreciated.

Aww Martin nice hotel what made you want to go there................ was it the thought of the luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets and soothing aromatherapy spray to help ease you to sleep before the madness of the car show. :whistle2:

Reactions: MartayMcFly
So does this mean the cars HAVE to be in on the saturday then?

That'll be a abit of a pain in the **** if it is for me :ermm:

Aww Martin nice hotel what made you want to go there................ was it the thought of the luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets and soothing aromatherapy spray to help ease you to sleep before the madness of the car show. :whistle2:

C'mon Susan.....it was the thought of the young Thai room service ladees that sealed it for him. lol

Reactions: Smillie13 and MartayMcFly
It was a choice based entirely on walking distance... didn't even see the Thai "service" option.

Reactions: Brodster

Think i will need some of that BroTek treatment when i get down there if possible, can you fit me in Mark.

If anyone else wants the BroTek treatment on their car the day before or on the day then let me know and I shall load the boot up with products.

Think i'm gonna come see you before then for a full on BroTekism - my cars riddled with wee scratches and swirls, would be nice to bring it back to life before the show.

Guys if you want your cars done before the show then great. Just get in touch and I will get it booked in. Need it for a whole day if you can stretch to that. 2 would be better as then no rush.

As a wee taster have a look at Murrays 8L S3 I detailed at the beginning of the week. He is an ASN member and left his car with me for 2 days for a bit of TLC. The paintwork was dull, full of swirls and had faded quite a bit. This was a full Angelwax detail inside and out. The leather interior came up a treat.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.540950589281159.1073741848.364216776954542&type=1

If this is what you guys are after then what are you waiting for?? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: ESD1711, MartayMcFly and Smillie13
Guys if you want your cars done before the show then great. Just get in touch and I will get it booked in. Need it for a whole day if you can stretch to that. 2 would be better as then no rush.

As a wee taster have a look at Murrays 8L S3 I detailed at the beginning of the week. He is an ASN member and left his car with me for 2 days for a bit of TLC. The paintwork was dull, full of swirls and had faded quite a bit. This was a full Angelwax detail inside and out. The leather interior came up a treat.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.540950589281159.1073741848.364216776954542&type=1

If this is what you guys are after then what are you waiting for?? lol

Sorry, straying slightly off topic with this - but what kinda money is in that sort of service?

Defo something i'm interested in, but probably be a bit closer to show time - although i'll not drop you in it the day before or anything daft like that :)

Right guys and gals IF your wanting your car detailed before the Scottish Car Show then please get in touch as I have 2 cars already booked in for July and I need your cars for 2 days so book now to get it as close to the show as possible.

UPDATE NUMBER... ummm 3?

Saturday set up is NOT compulsory, gates will be open 6am on Sunday.

Also, the tent might be too big for the 10m stand... but we might get a dispensation, or just cheat a little. Flags are A-OK though.

Reactions: dzTT and Smillie13
Thats better for me actually as I will have stuff to do. I will be at the SECC for O600......

Q. What does the O stand for
A. O My God its early.

From what film please?

Yeah it probably suits me better just to rock on up on the Sunday morning as well to be honest, saves a lot of fannying about and / or the extra expense of a hotel.

Can imagine it being a bit of a logistical nightmare mind you - i'd imagine they'll want all the cars in and parked up well before they let anyone in.

Take it we have a 10 x 10 square then? Have we done any maths as to how many cars that will hold?!

Thanks for finding out Martay.
Sunday suits me best, I'll try to be there for around 6ish :blink: haha

Also, not sure where abouts everyones coming from - but if theres a few folk heading from Edinburgh or nearby, we could probably arrange some sort of convoy through if there was enough demand for it? Maybe leave from Hermiston Gait, or somewhere else convenient for people and others can join in along the way from maybe Deer Park or Harthill or wherever... the convoy wouldnt have to stop - as long as you have contact with someone in the convoy, they can let you know when we're passing whatever junction you want to join at and you can just tag on.

I'll probably just be toddling along the M8 at about 50 in a bid to keep my car as bug free and as clean as possible, so i'll be wanting to be out of edinburgh by the back of 5..... gulp, that sounds early eh! Gonna be a loooooong day!

Can arrange it nearer the time - but just think it might be easier to have folk all arriving together rather than trying to fight their way through crowds / queues alone - genuinely think that the getting all the cars in to all the halls in all the correct stand areas could turn in to a bit of a nightmare, especially as it fills up and gets more crowded etc.

Hi Erik

I agree with you I think it would be easier arriving together, however, I think I am just going to take my car on the Saturday and get the train back to Bathgate and then see if some lovely person will pick me up in the morning lol.

As you said final arrangements can be made nearer the time.

Susan :laugh:

I sure am glad I will be tucked up in my nice warm bed at stupid O clock time but will defo see you all there for a cracking day.