Scottish Car Show 2014

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Well, looks like it's that time of year again - The Scottish Car show has finally announced the date and venue for this year's show. After a lot of poor feedback from various clubs and visitors, the event organisers have gone back to their winning formula and announced Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh as the venue and the date (though I wouldn't be too surprised if this changes) will be 20th July 2014.

Once details firm up I'll keep this thread updated, and we'll start another thread when the time comes for attending the stand. There won't be the same restrictions on coming and going, and we might even bug Adam into bringing the asn BBQ up since we should be outside too.

Hope to see you all there!

Reactions: Brodster, DuncVolvoTurbo, colinurquhart and 3 others
Count me and David in. :) x

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Usual crew then Marty? Hopefully we can get the big tent and as you said the BBQ. Want me to start canvassing for the cars again like lasdt year??? If your going to Crieff this year we might be able to get John Clark to attend with his UR rally car. I have his number so might give him a ring.

The only reason for it being at the SECC was because of the 10 yr anniversary but yes I think Ingliston is far better as alot more space for bigger stands (hope your reading this Adam) :moa:

Hopefully we can get a much bigger turn out than the SECC, much easier when there's not the space and time limits so people can pitch up when they arrive rather than having to be there by (and until) a certain time.

Hopefully we can get a much bigger turn out than the SECC, much easier when there's not the space and time limits so people can pitch up when they arrive rather than having to be there by (and until) a certain time.

I wouldnt count on that mate - cars will still need to be in by a certain time and need to be there till the end of the show...

Yep, Erik is right Marty but thats no great shakes though. It was a laugh watching everyone rev up with no where to go inside the SECC last year. If we manage to get the big tent then great...we should have a good turn out of display cars. I have the R8 for this year all teed up.

Hi folks, I'm hoping I can make it to this one, haven't been to a Motor Show at Ingliston for years.

JG

Reactions: Brodster and MartayMcFly
Dependent on dates I should be able to make it along...will confirm closer to the time. Need to make it to more events after my poor showings last year:( especially since I'm back in an Audi :rock:

Well, looks like it's that time of year again - The Scottish Car show has finally announced the date and venue for this year's show. After a lot of poor feedback from various clubs and visitors, the event organisers have gone back to their winning formula and announced Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh as the venue and the date (though I wouldn't be too surprised if this changes) will be 20th July 2014.

Once details firm up I'll keep this thread updated, and we'll start another thread when the time comes for attending the stand. There won't be the same restrictions on coming and going, and we might even bug Adam into bringing the asn BBQ up since we should be outside too.

Hope to see you all there!

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind heading over to this! :)

Reactions: Sandra and RS5 JON
We need to start a list for this, if we get enough interest we may get Adam to attend. I have spoken with him, so lets see what we can do. :) x

Reactions: Brodster
We need to start a list for this, if we get enough interest we may get Adam to attend. I have spoken with him, so lets see what we can do. :) x

All over it cuz. Piece o' cake. Same format as last year so dont worry about about a thing. I have taken care of alot of the cars for this year. The R8 is lined up which is a bonus. I shall PM John to see if he can display his UR like last year.

Last edited:
Booking forms are out now, so we can start getting a proper list together - Mark, you want me to take point on this again, or are you going to take the lead?

Reactions: Sandra
Booking forms are out now, so we can start getting a proper list together - Mark, you want me to take point on this again, or are you going to take the lead?

You do it mate if your happy and I will arrange all the cars as last year........was quite happy balancing that and BroTek stuff but this year its going great guns so you crack on bud. Leave the car line up to me.