Scott.T's Ice Silver B8 Audi S4 Saloon - My Thread !

Well....this thread opened up with the statement "Well, let's see if I can keep this one more then 6 months"
Sorry to say it only lasted 6 weeks.

Reasons for sale
1. Silver wasn't my first choice, and I actually cancelled the purchase the first time, only to end up back on it 2 weeks later, due to the draw of ADS.
2. I went for Auto as I wanted the quick acoustic ;) upshifts. This was my first Auto, and I really didn't get on with it unless I was driving 'On a Mission'
3. The gearbox had a bearing/tooth wine on 1st gear that needed replacing under warranty. But the £10,000 cost was a wake up call and I was very glad of the warranty.
4. As a result of the above I couldn't see me taking it beyond the 12 month warranty, through fear of additional costs.
5. The potential of a Revo remap was a big initial draw to the S4. But the gearbox issue meant I wasn't going to risk it.
6. Fuel economy was shocking. The last 65 miles have returned 15.8mpg
7. It was an attempt to move into a quick sedan as a replacement for my previous pair of cars (Audi and my Subaru 2nd car garage queen). It didn't tick the same box's as the Subaru, so it was never going to be a replacement.

So the Subaru is staying with me (had it since 2002), and I am jumping into a new A4 Avant Black Edition Quattro 190ps Diesel.
The dealer offers currently available helped this make sense, as their large deposit and options recouped the loses of such a quick vehicle change.

Jesus you don't have much luck mate

Sorry to hear you didn't get on with the s4 hope the next one suits better

Scooby looks cracking

Jesus you don't have much luck mate

Sorry to hear you didn't get on with the s4 hope the next one suits better

Scooby looks cracking
Cheers mate & thanks for the comment on the Scooby. I'm sure it was smiling at me today when it realised the S4 was going :D:D
Now looking forward to giving the Scoob an early morning run down to Goodwood tomorrow & picking up the A4 Monday.

Reactions: Lannerz27 and Chop.
I know what you mean, had an Evo iv for a couple of years loved it !! Although I love my s4 too there totally different machines