Scorpion decat downpipe

RedRS3Reilly

Reaction score
taking it of the car at the weekend, putting the oem catted pipe back on, so if anyone is looking for one then give me a shout

Are you putting back to stock to sell the car ?

No mate, just going back to stg1
Wife's moaning about the noise/smell etc

Reactions: Rob2k68
Ah gotcha - was going to say cars looking sweet after all the work you've put into it !

Ah gotcha - was going to say cars looking sweet after all the work you've put into it !
I know, It's a waste of time taking the intercooler out, too much time, do that will stay put, but the dp will be removed, going from stg1 to stg2 didn't make a huge difference anyway, 380hp compared to 391.9hp

What about replacing it with the Scorpion 200 cell sport cat D/P ? That should be a good deal quieter.

I know but it's a good bit dearer too, doesn't feel much of a difference between the two stages so cheaper option is just to put the oem pipe back on

Have to say the BCS downpipe with cat is amazing.
I have no issues at all and sounds great... Glad I didn't decat now!

I'm manual but I'm sure it will sound great anyway.

Getting one of these fitted as we speak. louder dsg farts sounds like a positive to me :)

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and MikeParkin
typical, just bought a scorpion de-cat and getting it fitted today, my stage 1 only made 352bhp so hoping for a big increase in power with stage 2

typical, just bought a scorpion de-cat and getting it fitted today, my stage 1 only made 352bhp so hoping for a big increase in power with stage 2

Which map is that Mike ? Will be interested to hear how you get on with stage 2 ;o)

That's pretty low figures for a stg1 map
What torque figure did you make?
Do you have a dyno print out?

I think the stage 2 isnt much increase in top end bhp, but makes more of a difference midrange and better throttle responce with the downpipe?

I think the stage 2 isnt much increase in top end bhp, but makes more of a difference midrange and better throttle responce with the downpipe?

Indeed it does make the response better.
No power though really...

Indeed it does make the response better.
No power though really...

i think it needs to be asked slightly different than stg1 v stg2.

now knowing what you know about stage 2, if you were stage 1, would you make the jump to stage 2 / would you say its worthwhile?

There's defo a bigger punch mid range but not worth the effort and money for me,

now knowing what you know about stage 2, if you were stage 1, would you make the jump to stage 2 / would you say its worthwhile?
to be honest I would leave it as it was on stage1, not a big enough noticeable gain for me

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RO65ERS

Tricky question.... yeah i would as the car responds so quickly to throttle inputs, its like driving a car with a smaller turbo.
downpipe,intercooler and charge pipe kit is what i would do.

Reactions: RO65ERS, MikeParkin and Rob2k68
i m using Revo downpipe also made by scorpion but not using the mid-pipe to replace the stock resonator...dont want loud/drone in the car