Scorpion Cat Bypass pipes finally fitted

I dont know what your asking then, if you can't store it sell it. If you can store it, keep it!

As for your statement you declared the Scorpion but Cats were not altered, doesn't make sense. If you fitted a Scorpion system (Good choice by the way) then by definition you have altered the Cats as there will be less fitted than there was before you started?

Original question was has people who have bought Scorpion or Miltek Exhausts sold their OEM RS3 exhausts through EBay or through any other site, does it only fit an RS3 or will it fit say an S3 if the S3 if modified as mentioned in my earlier post?

When I fit mine I'll be keeping the originals to change back when needed.
They will only fit RS3 or TTRS so not a huge market for used units.

Unless someone is specifically looking for oem cats they'd be very difficult to sell apart from the gutting out option to keep the car looking oem.
For what they're worth used its worth keeping hold of them.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I fitted my bypass pipes today and to say I'm very pleased is an understatement!
Let's hope my neighbours think so when I leave for work at 5am in the morning

Reactions: grchmason and 45bvtc
Will be putting the RS3 through the MOT at the local Council centre next week with cat bypass pipes installed to see if it passes. Figure its worth the risk of failing/expense versus paying for them to be removed and the OEM pipes refitted, then the processed reversed. Will keep yous posted...

She'll pass on the emission measurements, Marcus, no worries...

With secondary cat bypass pipes fitted BLUEY's CO was 0.02% @ fast idle (and only went to 0.01% with secondary cats fitted) and HC ppm's '0'

She passed, no worries what so ever.

Test driving the new model next week, just out of curiosity...

Quick update on the test drive. Personally, not liking the grey paint job on the demo provided by Coulsdon, roof bars look good though and the overall feel/appearance of the car is familiar but improved. Started off in "auto" mode and quickly changed this to "dynamic" to get the same/similar sense of speed/power/noise etc that I get as standard, although my exhaust has the nice bypass pipes so direct comparison is not quite fair. That having been said, I'm not remotely interested in upgrading at this stage, even with 40k miles on the clock. I'm know it will be a brilliant new car if you don't already have an RS3 but as an upgrade, not just yet for me, especially as the EBC redstuff brake pads are being fitted tmw...

Reactions: 45bvtc and Marshy
Another update - car has had to have the haldex unit replaced (under warranty but only just) as there was a persistent "weep" apparently. Might be worth getting this checked out...

Could anyone hazard a guess at the source of an oil leak mid way between the rear axle? Only just noticed the oil on the paving and garage floor and can't get a good look/photo. I'm hoping it's something to do with the recently replaced haldex unit, which places the responsibility back on Coulsdon Audi to get it fixed...

EBC redstuff pads are great by the way!
IMG 9349
IMG 9337

Good news on the Redstuff, Marcus; but not so good on the oil leak and it does seem most likely to be Hadex oil - unless them experts have been twiddling with anything else under there...:readit:

Reactions: T-800
You were right John, the experts had installed the unit badly with the seal not properly aligned, hence the oil leak. Lithofin oil-ex is taking care of this though. All good again now and redstuff pads bedded in nicely.

I'm back on the Redstuff, Marcus; front and rear. Went back and tried my STD Audi 47i6 pads and then having seen the STD pads from a couple of other RS3s that had the brass rivets (within the pads) score/plough the brake discs I decided to fetch mine out and check and one look convinced me to re-install the Redstuff; and the pedal is hugely improved, too. Tried Yellowstuff, too; but the noise from them besties was way too much for me: I've a full set available if anyone wants to try 'em.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus