Schoolboy error - Trust your instincts!

T33_BKD

Cruiser
Reaction score
My car recently started to make rattling noises when going over bumpy roads, and when i took it to a local garage, they told me that it was a result of a collapsed suspension, and will need to be replaced for £180 ASAP. They even told me not to drive it and to change both springs.
But when driving it did not feel any different, and upon closer inspection, all the springs looked brand new! Despite my concerns, he assured me it was only the top part which is rusty and broken, the only part i couldn't see! :think:

i even looked at another thread on here, from people who had experienced the same problems, and was resolved after the spring change.

So after some research i purchased a set of Eibach Pro's from Damian @ DPM Performance, (brilliant service) as i like to upgrade instead of replace.
My error here was not getting a second opinion!

Still unconvinced, I booked it in for a free health check at national tyres for a once over. They immediately found the cause of the rattle - A broken piece from the old spring. He then showed me that the springs were infact brand new, still having the barcode visible! needless to say, after removing the piece, the issue is now resolved, all for the hefty some of £0!

I now have a brand new set of Eibach Pro Kit lying around in the classifieds, and a heads up for everyone else - trusting your instincts pays off!

Reactions: DeeGee68 and sliced
Couldn't give me a Link in the classified for them Eibach could you ?
I can't ****** see em! :think:

Having hell of a time with Euros springs!

Thanks T44MTD The 05/03 that 2003 to 2005? Know says 8P but just checking Cheers

nope, pretty sure thats for 8P, as mine is a 2006 and the springs are identical.

perhaps someone could shed some light on what 05/03 actually means.....