Scan results with a few codes showing

Darren McDonnell

Reaction score
Can anyone help with the below.

I am waiting for the new part to arrive but Im still unsure if I have an issue with the suspension.

Cheers

I don’t know anything about electric damping which is a separate fault on VCDS, but is G78 error similar to headlight self levelling? The sensors on xenon headlight cars are left front and rear on the lower arms. They are fairly flimsy plastic parts, so road salt, pot holes and such like all take their toll. Whip off the wheels and take a look.

I don’t know anything about electric damping which is a separate fault on VCDS, but is G78 error similar to headlight self levelling? The sensors on xenon headlight cars are left front and rear on the lower arms. They are fairly flimsy plastic parts, so road salt, pot holes and such like all take their toll. Whip off the wheels and take a look.
Cheers for the advice

I suspect that the other codes are related - the control systems are interlinked so a fault on one raises a "check" flag on the other.

Reactions: JohnS3
I suspect that the other codes are related - the control systems are interlinked so a fault on one raises a "check" flag on the other.
Thanks as always Dippy. I was hoping that might be the case and the fact that the data on each fault is the same in terms of time and count etc.

I will let you know when the part turns up and I get it fitted

So update. The parts arrived and I have just used the tie rod off the cheap copy and refitted the Audi original.
done a short drive and the codes seem to have stayed off so hopefully all sorted.

Also fitted a replacement temp sensor for the AC and did the service.

Universal tie-rod on ebay works perfectly, this is a very common failure, no need to buy a replacement unit.
Bit late for you, but just in case anybody else arrives here

Reactions: All-rod and Darren McDonnell
Universal tie-rod on ebay works perfectly, this is a very common failure, no need to buy a replacement unit.
Bit late for you, but just in case anybody else arrives here
Good bit of info for anyone else. Cheers