SB Tailgate panic

L_G

Reaction score
Parked in multi storey car park in Reading today where the storey heights are rather low. We needed to put some stuff in the boot so opened it and I pressed the button on the inside to stop the tailgate opening fully.

Pressed the button again to close it and the tailgate started opening some more! With very little time to think about it I grabbed hold of the top of the tailgate so the motors would sense too much effort was being required and stop.

Eek!

Typically without a reinforced concrete ceiling to worry about every works just fine

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I know how you feel, put a small mark on our A7 tailgate on a ferry.

A lad in work the other night got a call from his son asking if he could pick him up from a local park, as it was dark and he had no lights on his bike and it was too far to push the bike home!

So off he goes, puts the bike on the roof and starts to drive off! Next second he hears a bang closely followed by his rear window going through!!! Yes there was a low height metal barrier on the exit :blink: So his brand new Insignia estate now has a dented roof where the bike carrier was ripped off and the bike ended up half way through the rear window :cower:

Ouch, I used to live in a town where one of the routes into it meant going under a low railway bride (about 7 foot) it could be quite interesting following vehicles who thought the height limit didn't apply to them.

We were on holiday in Canada a few years back and our rental car was a Ford Expedition SUV, large by UK standards.
Toured about to various locations and hotels.
Anyway, got to Ottawa where the hotel had a multi storey attached and only avoided wedging it in there by millimetres. People watched with interest as I manoeuvred around the pipework suspended from the concrete floor above until I got a space. It stayed there for three days until we moved on :whistle2:

Reactions: L_G