Saying goodbye to the S3

Fair play you got a deal on used, assuming you financed as interest rates are usually WAY higher than new, circa 10%+. Obviously if you paid cash none of that matters and used is always the way to go to negate depreciation
Yeah PCP, think interest is about 7% not ideal but is what it is unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
So thought I'd make an update for those that asked, after now having had a good drive with the S5 this afternoon, and try and compare it to the S3, although I know they're two different animals.

The first thing that's super apparent, is the S5 grips so well, I'd assume down to the "proper" quattro system it has. I've got some nice back roads near me and at points where the S3 traction light would come on, the S5 doesn't and I feel more confident round the bends.

The S5 does feel noticeably bigger, so it is still a lot of fun on these roads, however the S3 with its more raw power and acceleration is more fun if I had to choose.

The S5 sounds a lot nicer than the S3, even with a Res delete on the S3. The sound under acceleration and driving just sounds ace. Start up is even nicer. Sounds much deeper than the S3.

S5s electric dampers make a lot more difference than on the S3, changing between comfort and dynamic actually feels different whereas in the S3 it didn't seem to make much difference, maybe a Magride calibration from DJAlix may have helped.

The interior of the S5 just feels so nice, the super sport seats, dash, alacantra on door cards etc all make it feel more premium than the S3, again I know these cars are quite different price wise.

Haven't noticed a huge difference in fuel consumption, it is a little worse than the S3 but not hugely which is surprising.

All in all very happy with the change, and hoping to get a coding session with DJAlix booked in next weekend to get some bits unlocked

@Adam14 - Interesting thoughts ...
Thanks for sharing :thumbs up:

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Adam14
Yeah PCP, think interest is about 7% not ideal but is what it is unfortunately.

Not a bad rate on used to be fair, as often over 10%, and that rate is much nearer new rate than used. New being 3.7%-5.9% (give or take)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Adam14