Say nav update?

smk82

Reaction score
My wife's "new" car comes with the inbuilt sat nav (mmi 3G+) as far as I can tell (2sd slots, no SD card and option to use 3D functional map does seem to confirm this).

Looking into update options, I presume that this has to be done through Audi dealership at some daft price? Has anyone used

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162038549823?_mwBanner=1

Or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you have the tech pack, you're looking at approximately 500 quid or so to get it sorted!

That's the point. It is a tech pack in the car (MMI 3G+).

My wife's "new" car comes with the inbuilt sat nav (mmi 3G+) as far as I can tell (2sd slots, no SD card and option to use 3D functional map does seem to confirm this).

Looking into update options, I presume that this has to be done through Audi dealership at some daft price? Has anyone used

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/162038549823?_mwBanner=1

Or similar?

I used Julian and updated mine today! See my thread http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2012-a5-nav-maps.304418/#post-2901016 on the A5 forum ;)

Excellent. This is what I wanted to know. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Richierich37
I've contacted Julian also as to updating the sat nav, says have to wait till i get my car then post him the MMI version. So i'll take it from there. Had a look at that thread Richirich37 hopes it easy to install.

I've contacted Julian also as to updating the sat nav, says have to wait till i get my car then post him the MMI version. So i'll take it from there. Had a look at that thread Richirich37 hopes it easy to install.

I have no experience whatsoever and have never tackled any mods! I found it straight forward and had no issues at all. Easy peasy ;)

Reactions: golfhappy
I've confused myself, i haven't got sat nav to begin with, didn't spec it! so it would be an audi job to install and activate it in the first place, Is that right?

Post 2 is about right for Audi to supply the SD card you need and activate, have a look on the A3 forum, lots of info there.

Looking at the pack the guy sells on ebay i would think that, that's probably what you would buy from audi then they would activate it? i know from vw say on a mk6 golf with the rns510 that if you wanted the latest maps and you had an earlier version that you had to go through each update till you arrived at the latest version. I did email the seller back but he must think i'm tyre kicking! but i aint,

Looking at the pack the guy sells on ebay i would think that, that's probably what you would buy from audi then they would activate it? i know from vw say on a mk6 golf with the rns510 that if you wanted the latest maps and you had an earlier version that you had to go through each update till you arrived at the latest version. I did email the seller back but he must think i'm tyre kicking! but i aint,

He sends 3no. SD cards, first one updates the MMI, second one updates the maps and third one is the activation licence.

You have to follow the instructions carefully and make sure you have the battery connect to a charger. Unfortunately I had to buy a charger as I didn't own one, another £80ish!

TBH worth it now as I use my Nav all day long everyday! :)

Contacted him again with my MMI software version it started with RMC...so he said only the Audi dealer could update it, so me thinks £500ish.