Saw my first RS3 8Y on Sunday

royalsteve68

Reaction score
Saw my first RS3 8Y on Sunday at a non-audi car dealer event in Newbury on Sunday. It was all in black. Have to say i was a bit underwhelmed, maybe it was the colour. Front looked aggressive but the black colour meant all the lines and the car just blended in - colour definitely not for me. Glad i stuck with my 2017 8v.

Reactions: seventeenapg
Saw my first RS3 8Y on Sunday at a non-audi car dealer event in Newbury on Sunday. It was all in black. Have to say i was a bit underwhelmed, maybe it was the colour. Front looked aggressive but the black colour meant all the lines and the car just blended in - colour definitely not for me. Glad i stuck with my 2017 8v.
I just think they look dated now :thumbs up:

Last edited:

Lol stand by for a public flogging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I think this is the best comparison of the 2 models and the new one certainly looks more aggressive / purposeful (IMO).
The older 8v looks more elegant / classy dare I say.
We wanted a more sportier look for the RS3 and I think Audi have done a good job with the exterior styling of the 8y.
I parked next to a 8v the other day and I was surprised how much wider the 8y is - its definitely 'beefed up'

Reactions: HereWeGo, kayemill, 3vans and 1 other person
8V PFL sounded best

8V FL better engine, drove a bit better, sounded worse

8Y most aggressive, best drive and perhaps the most "classy" sounding ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adi7r, kayemill, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
Dated....old ......not aggressive enough that's what some will say about the 8V FL now.....Familiar sums it up for me but they still hold they're value very well even more so now .....not a fan the 8Y Hatch.....prefer the 8V hatch ...but again it's all dependant on trim and colour....As it's always been!!!!!My S3 saloon externally only differed from a RS3 saloon with a different front bumper and oval exhausts the 8Y sorts that out as the RS3 8Y looks far better than a 8Y S3 especially by adding wider arches and lower/wider sills/different rear bumper....The front of the 8Y RS3 kinda camouflages the size of them headlights and offers front wing arches....the standard 8y has NO front arches due to the clam shell bonnet design ....Externally the 8Y wins especially in Saloon form

8V wins via optional extra customization and build quality blows the 8Y right out the water

A S3 8Y actually has nicer looking seats than the RS3 8Y all because its got contrast stitching and also the option of Rock grey leather the RS3 is a £60k car with £35k car interior

Sum up the 8V is the classier looking car where the 8y is a bit on the boy racer side of the market which in turn will attract younger buyers.......as it's shown on this particular forum....

Ps the 8v a is a awesome sounding car.....with no Dolby 5.1 ...... ... 5 POT surround sound pumped into the cabin.....

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill, seventeenapg, Terminator x and 3 others
8V PFL sounded best

8V FL better engine, drove a bit better, sounded worse

8Y most aggressive, best drive and perhaps the most "classy" sounding ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

It is true the 8y does not match the 8v for sound but blimey how incredible did the 8v sound - especially our pre-fl’s

but ... & there’s always a but lol ;)

the 8y does sound really good and I’m just grateful audi got this car onto market as I assure everyone it blows the A45s out the water in the sound department.

Reactions: kayemill and 3vans
Dated....old ......not aggressive enough that's what some will say about the 8V FL now.....Familiar sums it up for me but they still hold they're value very well even more so now .....not a fan the 8Y Hatch.....prefer the 8V hatch ...but again it's all dependant on trim and colour....As it's always been!!!!!My S3 saloon externally only differed from a RS3 saloon with a different front bumper and oval exhausts the 8Y sorts that out as the RS3 8Y looks far better than a 8Y S3 especially by adding wider arches and lower/wider sills/different rear bumper....The front of the 8Y RS3 kinda camouflages the size of them headlights and offers front wing arches....the standard 8y has NO front arches due to the clam shell bonnet design ....Externally the 8Y wins especially in Saloon form

8V wins via optional extra customization and build quality blows the 8Y right out the water

A S3 8Y actually has nicer looking seats than the RS3 8Y all because its got contrast stitching and also the option of Rock grey leather the RS3 is a £60k car with £35k car interior

Sum up the 8V is the classier looking car where the 8y is a bit on the boy racer side of the market which in turn will attract younger buyers.......as it's shown on this particular forum....

Ps the 8v a is a awesome sounding car.....with no Dolby 5.1 ...... ... 5 POT surround sound pumped into the cabin.....

That’s a really good summary Jassy.

the only exception for me is I prefer the seats & hexagonal stitch pattern in the 8y over the 8v (it’s just more RS looking) but I totally agree we do need contrast stitching.

Reactions: kayemill and Jassyo06
It is true the 8y does not match the 8v for sound but blimey how incredible did the 8v sound - especially our pre-fl’s

but ... & there’s always a but lol ;)

the 8y does sound really good and I’m just grateful audi got this car onto market as I assure everyone it blows the A45s out the water in the sound department.
Try this, my old 8V bog standard other than straight pipes at the back which the car did eventually ship with from Audi of course.

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: pburv, kayemill, 8YARWY and 2 others

92ee3fa630057b9f6a407b89faa70778.png

• Haha
Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
92ee3fa630057b9f6a407b89faa70778.png

That may be the the case, but if you add some of them and spec it to compare with a Vorsprung RS3 then you're looking at £65k for a normal, albeit fast, 3 series. So in reality people likely aren't going to be selecting those options anyway (at £2,750!). Yes, it's nice to have choice and I imagine with some contrast stitching on the RS3 it would be a different story in terms of take up, but this guy really needs to make some better comparisons.

And again, a similarly optioned A45S is above the £60k mark too and I don't think it's a better car overall either but he doesn't moan about the price of those. Muppet.

Reactions: pburv, Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Scousers scouser

watch out ! Gif police about :sign imnew::whistle2:

• Haha
Reactions: kayemill, 8YARWY, Jassyo06 and 1 other person