Satnav.........random questions

nb

Very poorly A3 at the moment..........
Reaction score
guys this probably in the wrong section but does anyone have any issues with the factory unit??
I have started to get really pis@ed off with mine as alot of places are out of date but i suppose i can live with that and hope an update comes out soon!!

But recently it tells me so last minute when to turn that i find myself driving all over the show trying to follow the route!!
one way systems i often find it tells me to turn the wrong way whilst the map shows the right way??!!
re-routes take so long to update that i can be driving around like a donut til it decides to find an alternative. and also the same for starting some journeys where i find myself having to guess the route for a few minutes til it recognises the route!!
Roundabouts are a nightmare and wont even start on that!!

i presume this is due to gps and not the head unit??!!

Also can anyone recommend any settings that will make things easier to follow as it really is starting to annoy me. i used north facing all the time and have that turn list and zoom thing turned on.

Cheers

Best advice I can offer is to get a login on http://www.navplus.us. What those guys don't know about the RNS-E isn't worth knowing.

Before you post there, have a search of the forum - chances are someone has had the same problem before and will know how to fix it.

:D

I just had Retro fitted to my Brand New RS4 Sat/Nav System from www_satnavsystems_com.
These guys are very quick and professional. I just had new system fitted within 48 hours for £1199 plus VAT. A qualified Audi engineer come to my house installed, programmed and coded everything to factory spec. with latest VAS-5053 Original Audi Diagnostic Tool.
This guys are not the cheapest, but they are the only in the UK who offer a full 12 months warranty on parts and labor with qualified Audi engineer. I have done a research for almost a month before I found www_SatNavSystem_com -in the end my local Audi Dealer has recommended me to them.
I have spent almost £60k on my car and did not want some cowboy’s to damage my beauty!!
My full recommendation to all of you!!!
RS4 - Sapcekid

Did that include installation.

those chaps on the navplus site talk a different f@~king language..........

nb said:
those chaps on the navplus site talk a different f@~king language..........
They're certainly bright, that's for sure - there's a thread running at the moment (called Nav Hacks) which is looking at ways of decompiling the sat nav software so it can be customised!

If it's all too technical for you, click the "Quick Links" link and there's lots of information for newbies, including retrofits and other questions and guides.

It is an immensely useful resource - couldn't have done my install without navplus.us. While hooking up all the adapters, I was still running indoors and running searches on the forum from my laptop!

marriedblonde said:
*cough* wireless *cough* ;)
LOL!!! Next February I'll have had cable broadband at home for four years, and at the time wireless was very rare. I ran an RJ45 cable through my house with a firewall/router/hub at one end, and a hub at the other - I've made my choice and will have to stick with it for now!

marriedblonde said:
LOL....And why not the americans still use horse and cart leave springs :) :) :)
Thought that was the new Ford Mustang suspension? :)

I'm not really worried about wireless to be honest. Our house is so small that there's only really a couple of places you can sit and use a laptop. Plus wires are more secure, and there's the guaranteed 100MB LAN availability - I'm in no rush to change it!