Satnav/firmware update

kobazik

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm happy owner of mid-2013 A3 1.4 TFSI S-line. Car still has 3 months manufacture warranty.

What is the best way to update satnav maps and possibly firmware?

Is it possible to update MMI via SD card or I need to visit a dealer to update both satnav maps and firmware?

Thanks

Dom

If your car is the standard sat nav mmi. Then you will have to pay audi to get updates. If you have audi connect then you have option to update via Internet and sd card. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If your car is the standard sat nav mmi. Then you will have to pay audi to get updates. If you have audi connect then you have option to update via Internet and sd card. Good luck!

and mmi navigation plus??

No, its not Audi Connect, that's a different service completely. If you have the tech pack, then (arguably) you may have the option to get nav updates through MyAudi.

MMI updates - hmm, well not available through MyAudi for sure, that would require a visit to the dealer, but I'm not sure that they entertain doing complete MMI updates. You can get a firmware update for navigation (again that would be a dealer option only), but think that's about it. But you'd have to check, not 100% on that.