SatNav Data Blocked C6 S Line Tdi

A6J

Reaction score
Hi all
Have had a quick search for similar posts but as I don't know what I'm looking for it proved futile....the answer is probably there I just don't know what I'm looking for.

Basically, I have a 2010 A6 Sline special edition, got in car this morning to come to work and the nav screen was displaying "Navigation Data Blocked"

None of the MMI buttons respond whilst in the Nav Screen.

Is this a typical Audi thing like you need to subscribe to nav updates or something similar.?

All help appreciated, thanks in advance.

John.

Hi all
Have had a quick search for similar posts but as I don't know what I'm looking for it proved futile....the answer is probably there I just don't know what I'm looking for.

Basically, I have a 2010 A6 Sline special edition, got in car this morning to come to work and the nav screen was displaying "Navigation Data Blocked"

None of the MMI buttons respond whilst in the Nav Screen.

Is this a typical Audi thing like you need to subscribe to nav updates or something similar.?

All help appreciated, thanks in advance.

John.

Not come across that before. Couple of questions. Do you have the HDD MMI+ system or the standard DVD based system? Also have you tried to do an upgrade to the map data? If the answer to the latter is yes then you are getting the message because the update has not been unlocked by the dealer (or someone with the necessary equipment to do the unlock for you). If you have not updated the system and you have the DVD system then suggest you try ejecting the disc and the reinserting it. Otherwise you will probably be looking at a trip to a dealer or finding someone with VCDS who can see if there are any fault codes pointing as to what the problem is.

btw just noticed you have posted this in the C5 forum not the C6 one, perhaps a Moderator can move it

may be useless but I have audi navigation plus and when it goes all wired if you hold the power button down for around 10seconds it does a bit of a "hard reset".

Sounds like the license has got corrupted, have you update the maps yourself ?

may be useless but I have audi navigation plus and when it goes all wired if you hold the power button down for around 10seconds it does a bit of a "hard reset".
If you have not updated the map data then I wonder if the hard disk has crashed

Hi all.

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't realised I'd posted it in the C5 forum...doh.!!!
The problem went away the next night, I got in the car and turned the key, the sat-nav booted up exactly as it should.
I've just checked and I have MMI 3G Version 2010, there's an empty DVD box that should contain the nav data dvd and an unopened laguage disc for the system. Tried ejecting both the single unit with the SD card slots and mutlidisc unit in the glovebox, nothing in either.

I'm assuming that I should've been given the nav data DVD when I bought the car.? Is it common for dealers to remove these dvd's before selling the car to unsuspecting punters.? I would've thought the dvd would be registered to a particular vehicle like say an official copy of windows is registered to the pc it came with etc.

Am I correct in thinking if this becomes a recurring issue that doesn't correct itself, if I had the nav data disc I could remedy this myself or would it necessitate a trip to an Audi dealership.?

Hi John, got your message, thats your thread moved into the c6 section. :) x

Hi all.

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't realised I'd posted it in the C5 forum...doh.!!!
The problem went away the next night, I got in the car and turned the key, the sat-nav booted up exactly as it should.
I've just checked and I have MMI 3G Version 2010, there's an empty DVD box that should contain the nav data dvd and an unopened laguage disc for the system. Tried ejecting both the single unit with the SD card slots and mutlidisc unit in the glovebox, nothing in either.

I'm assuming that I should've been given the nav data DVD when I bought the car.? Is it common for dealers to remove these dvd's before selling the car to unsuspecting punters.? I would've thought the dvd would be registered to a particular vehicle like say an official copy of windows is registered to the pc it came with etc.

Am I correct in thinking if this becomes a recurring issue that doesn't correct itself, if I had the nav data disc I could remedy this myself or would it necessitate a trip to an Audi dealership.?
Are you sure there is no DVD in the drive. Audi went through a phase of locking the DVD drive with the navigation disk in it. To unlock it you need VCDS. Easy way to check is to either try to put another disk (Audio CD) in and see what happens or in "Media" select "Source". It should show "Navigation Data" in the DVD slot if there is a Navigation DVD there or "Empty" if it is indeed empty. Note the DVD drive will not play DVDs, only the one with the HDD Navigation option has that feature, it is purely for the Navigation DVD or playing Audio CDs (may also play a DVD with Audio files not sure)

Hiya
It looks like you're spot on right, when I select media I can see SD1 which is accessible
DVD which shows CDROM but it's greyed out and inaccessible
The last option is a disc that just shows empty as I have no CD's in the changer.
Right, so then if I need the nav data disc out I have to go to someone with VCDS and have them unlock it.?
That's ok, I know someone with that kit.
Thanks for your help BTW, it's much appreciated.

Last question, quick one....how is the nav data updated.? Is it a dealer only thing where you buy the latest disc.?
Cheers
John

Check this out. i have updated both my A6 2010 and wife's A4 to the 2014 maps and all working fine. I run them off a class 10 sd card
Not had any issues .

Update maps 2014

Reactions: A6J