SatNav & Adaptive Lights or LEDS

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok finalizing the options on the S3 SB and would like your opinions on the above...

Cost is identical bar £5 and my views are:

LED....cool tech, and novel turning indicators but is it worth £795

or

Adaptive lights (Annoying they are not standard) but do they make make a significant difference to visibility.
+
Sat Nav...don't use sat nav extensively and currently user either a stand alone sat nav but spoils the internal looks a little or use iphone GPS but this stops me using radio while sat nav is in use as MMI defaults to bluetooth

Help!!!!!!

Personally i'd go nav + something else. Standard lights are perfectly fine and i've never felt like i've not been able to see at night with them on.

Are you going for *** again, would an upgrade to B&O be any use to you?

I'm getting pretty good at giving useless advice on this forum :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Confirmed options

Comfort pack
Audi Sound System
Interior light pack
Folding door mirrors

Was looking at upgrade to B&O and LED's

But wanted side assist, mainly for driving on the continent so gonna spec that and tbh although I love my music I am happy with *** in current A3

So left with the above to complete my set

SD nav and adaptive lights over LED's. They aren't matrix, and do not have sweeping indicators. LED's just look cool.

In my own opinion of course!

You can add Satnav at a later date? via a visit to your dealership?LEDs are very nice indeed,but if it where me,l would choose the Panroof over them all,love the thing,it really opens up the interior,and can be activated via the key fob as well..class in a bit of glass...lol.

Whatever you choose? it will be a "most excellent specced car"

Nav and adaptive lights. I'm only going LEDs in my new spec as I have to spend the money. Not sure if they're worth £500 extra to have snazzy headlights though.

Are you going for manual or s-tronic? How about driver assist pack? Perhaps i'm mixing up packs though.

I suck at this :)

Are you going for manual or s-tronic? How about driver assist pack? Perhaps i'm mixing up packs though.

I suck at this :)

Going manual as I like, driving and for same reason not into the full assist pack, that said the side assist will be really useful especially driving abroad.

Reactions: Psyman79
You can add Satnav at a later date? via a visit to your dealership?LEDs are very nice indeed,but if it where me,l would choose the Panroof over them all,love the thing,it really opens up the interior,and can be activated via the key fob as well..class in a bit of glass...lol.

Whatever you choose? it will be a "most excellent specced car"
thanks, but pano? Just makes it more confusing!!!

+1 for pano roof.

As jassy says it totally transforms the interior in my opinion ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Zache
Get the LEDs, the indicators are cool (although they attract attention so depends if you want it or not...)

I've gone for LEDs. Never seen them so i'm taking a leap of faith here! Hoping I won't miss the swivelling Xenon's as i found them fantastic. Not sure what attention the indicators will attract so i'm even more intrigued as to what they'll look like now!

I also went for the Pano roof - a combination of making my car more different from other recent ones i've had, plus I like the look it gives the exterior of the car.

I also went for full sat nav so in truth i'm not the best to advise on which options to choose over others!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Psyman79
You might want to check that the side assist actually works on both sides of the car. Heard somewhere it only works on the inside (ie left only for RHD vehicles, and vice versa).
Could be wrong but worth clarifying as they wouldn't help much on the continent if that's the case

You might want to check that the side assist actually works on both sides of the car. Heard somewhere it only works on the inside (ie left only for RHD vehicles, and vice versa).
Could be wrong but worth clarifying as they wouldn't help much on the continent if that's the case

I am going to check, but the brochure graphic indicates it works on both sides and irrespective of what side of the road you drive the most useful part of side assist is the warning of the d***head trying to undertake

I've gone for LEDs. Never seen them so i'm taking a leap of faith here! Hoping I won't miss the swivelling Xenon's as i found them fantastic. Not sure what attention the indicators will attract so i'm even more intrigued as to what they'll look like now!

Ignore the flickering that doesn't happen in reality something to do with frequency and filming fps I think. They do look awesome I must admit and the darker lens really suits darker coloured cars.

Ignore the flickering that doesn't happen in reality something to do with frequency and filming fps I think. They do look awesome I must admit and the darker lens really suits darker coloured cars.

Cheers. My car will be just a couple of shades lighter than yours so it should suit it then. The configurator does list the LED's as being adaptive - how you you find them down country lanes etc. as that's where the adaptive Xenon's come into their own IMO. I hate driving a non adaptive light car on such journeys now!

^^ I like them a lot !! Had a Leon FR before and they are better than those so a happy chappy but never had a car with adaptive xenons just plain bog standard xenons. With tech pack high they link into the nav and alter the beam to suit the road and speed I'm sure there is some blurb to better describe this. Also they have a bad weather function in leui of fog lights which switches on the cornering light to give you a lowish but wide spread of light.

^^ I like them a lot !! Had a Leon FR before and they are better than those so a happy chappy but never had a car with adaptive xenons just plain bog standard xenons. With tech pack high they link into the nav and alter the beam to suit the road and speed I'm sure there is some blurb to better describe this. Also they have a bad weather function in leui of fog lights which switches on the cornering light to give you a lowish but wide spread of light.

I'm sure i'll be delighted with everything. Looks like your spec is fairly similar to mine actually, only i'm not fancy enough for mono.pur ;-)

I'm sure i'll be delighted with everything. Looks like your spec is fairly similar to mine actually, only i'm not fancy enough for mono.pur ;-)

Yes very similar - you're going to love it !!!! :beerchug: