Sat Nav

Madmo

Reaction score
Hi my friend has asked if he could try my SD card for my satnav out my MY20 RS3 to update his expired satnav in his A5 i think its around MY09/10

will this work?

it wont damage my card or satnav will it?

thanks in Advance

Sat nav doesnt run from SD card so I dont think it would work

How can he update his satnav licence then? Would that be a job for Audi?

Not sure if you need the tech pack, but he should be able to either download in the car within the sat nav options, or he can do what I did (as it is more stable) and log into MyAudi, downlaod the update files (You get 5 free updates) then plug the usb into the car and extract it on the MMI to update.

I don't think these cars have removable SD cards with sat navs anymore, but I may be wrong, however logically they would only work with the SD card present in the car as it is stored and runs from the card (apart from some local cache) so as soon as you removed the SD card from his car it would stop working.

They don’t it’s all in built within the memory. Slots are both for music

My 63 plate A4 Black edition was in for a pre-heater recall replacement today so while I was there I asked about updating my satnav and the quote i got was £299 for the licence ( no actual files supplied as Audi hold them ) plus one hours labour charge to update it ......

Wait for it ....... £365 just for a map update.