Sat Nav retro-fit

shippy

Reaction score
I have just bought a 2004 A6 Avant SE which has the upgraded audio, but no Sat Nav or CD changer.

Been looking on eBay and there seems to be loads of VAG Sat Nav units for sale around £500 but none of them seem to be the right size to fit.

Is it possible to retro-fit a Sat Nav system or does the center control, etc. need changing to allow it to fit?

Thanks

Is your A6 the old shape C5 chassis or a new shape. I'm guessing old shape as 2004 was too early for the C6.

If it is old shape, then what radio do you have currently? concert or symphony?

Craig

Yeah sorry should have mentioned that it is the C5 chassis and I currently have the Concert radio.

Cheers

OK, well first of all you need to do a dash conversion on your A6, to change it from single tp double din. New cages are available from VAG parts and costs aroubd £160. The n more work to change the heater controls etc to fit, I've never done this in an A6 so I cant really say what needs doing.

After that the RNS-E should pop into the dash with teh correct adaptors no problems, add a GPS antenna and off you go.

If you can get it all done without buying new parts for the dash, I would say it should cost around £800-900 DIY.

Craig

What kind of sat-nav are you after. Did Audi ever do the four button version in the A6 that they did in the A2?
Four buttons down by the handbrake, the sat nav disc player in the boot, voice commands and direction indicator on the DIS.
We've got it in our A2 and am thinking of adding it to our A6 (C5).

We've just replaced the trim on the A2 (handbrake & associated trays for bits and bobs) was £27 at the stealers - how much more for the A6 trim? Would save hacking the heater controls to fit