Sat Nav Removal

SootySport

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove my sat nav from the S4 and using the proper release keys, one side just doesn't engage and release the spring. Im trying to find another way in to press the stuck spring on the drivers side, if I can release the top row of switches just above the sat nav I reckon I can get to the said spring. The bit that's defeated me now is how do you remove the top row of switches? the vinyl cover is off ok.
Ideas fellas.

I have to remove the glove box to get mine out even with the keys all engaged. It doesn't want to budge if I pull it squarely but if I push from behind on the glove box side it'll come out at a slight angle.

If I take the glovebox out, Is there enough room to get my hand around the back of the sat nav and round to the drivers side? I still need to release the spring with a strip of flat metal. My big hands won't help I guess but have willing daughter with slender fingers (Shes and expert on changing light bulbs on cars.

You'll get it from the drivers side, I had the panel off from under the steering wheel off tonight.
Three 8mm bolts hold the panel on below the steering wheel, two along the bottom edge and one behind the fusebox cover on the end of the dash. Pull it out from the bottom and the top will unclip itself, you should be able to get into it quite easily with the panel dropped down.