Sat nav question

James.c

Reaction score
On mine I obviously have the map on the screen in the middle and between the Rev counter and Speedo I get arrows and directions but I’ve seen some with the actual map there too is that on facelift models or is that something I can activate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facelift, it was a later revision of the MMI system.

Reactions: James.c
And only on those with Tech Pack. Not available with the standard sd card based navigation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: James.c
And only on those with Tech Pack. Not available with the standard sd card based navigation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got tech pack but it is a 12 plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure i read this can retro'd with a new colour cluster and fibre optic cable to link to nav?

Has anyone ever done this?
Is there a DIY tutorial, I did a quick search but couldn't find anywhere.

Yes it has been done and there is no DIY guide, as to remove the security (component protection) from the 5F module and instrument cluster requires a licensed copy of ODIS and user name & password to access Audi servers, it would also require coding and someone who could hack the mileage on the replacement cluster, or you would have to buy a new cluster so the mileage could be changed.

Yes it has been done and there is no DIY guide, as to remove the security (component protection) from the 5F module and instrument cluster requires a licensed copy of ODIS and user name & password to access Audi servers, it would also require coding and someone who could hack the mileage on the replacement cluster, or you would have to buy a new cluster so the mileage could be changed.
definitely sounds more complex than it appears to be...I think I'll stick with the current one!!

Have you contacted Audi retrofit? Pretty sure I see he has done one on his Instagram. Check out his website and drop him a message.

https://audi-retrofits.co.uk/

Check this video out too. It can be done.

Reactions: martinivw
Mid 2014 cars with Tech pack. Thats when facelift cars came out

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Correct, C7.5 was the designation given to the facelift A6/7 platform :racer:

Reactions: DaveW
Sorry to hijack the thread but I am intrigued by this and have a few questions if that's ok.

I have the bog standard RMC unit in my A6 2014. I have done the instrument cluster upgrade so it's larger and in colour. I just get the arrows pointing me to which direction I should be going. There is a fibre connector at the back and I believe it's needed to get the maps from the MMI unit to display on the cluster screen.

If I was to upgrade my RMC to a MMI 3G, how would I be able to tell, before purchasing it, if it has a hard drive in it. Do they come with hard drives as standard. Also, do I need to change the control panel. I know that touchpad is an upgrade with the MMI 3G. I have been looking around on ebay etc and the ones that have the touchpad are all made for auto transmissions. I have a manual and I cannot for the life of me find one that has a touchpad with a manual shifter.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I am intrigued by this and have a few questions if that's ok.

I have the bog standard RMC unit in my A6 2014. I have done the instrument cluster upgrade so it's larger and in colour. I just get the arrows pointing me to which direction I should be going. There is a fibre connector at the back and I believe it's needed to get the maps from the MMI unit to display on the cluster screen.

If I was to upgrade my RMC to a MMI 3G, how would I be able to tell, before purchasing it, if it has a hard drive in it. Do they come with hard drives as standard. Also, do I need to change the control panel. I know that touchpad is an upgrade with the MMI 3G. I have been looking around on ebay etc and the ones that have the touchpad are all made for auto transmissions. I have a manual and I cannot for the life of me find one that has a touchpad with a manual shifter.

When you say cluster upgrade, do you mean the pop-up screen?

Yes you need a fibre connection between the MMI and the screen in order to get it to operate fully with the MMI 3G.

I’m pretty sure that the MMI 3G u it’s come with an integrated HDD drive. Perhaps @DJAlix is better placed to advise. I don’t know anyone who has done this upgrade due to the costs involved.

Hi RAF,

I mean the instrument cluster, the speedometer. I’ve seen some pretty cheap ones online that might be in my price range.

I know a garage that can remove the Component Protection so that’s not an issue.

I just wanted to know if there are any red herrings I should look about for. I might have to do without the touchpad and stick to my existing control panel by the gear knob.