Sat-nav question ??

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Reaction score
The wife has a new A1 Black Edition arriving at the end of the month. It states in the spec that it has preparation for SD Sat-Nav. Can it be activated by a friend with a freakishly level of programmable wizardry or is further hardware needed ?
If it's the latter, its a bit of a pointless "standard" spec on the car me thinks, especially when a tom-tom is cheap.

It can only be activated by audi its about £500 for the SD maps activation code & activation

Last edited:
It can only be activated by audi its about £500 for the SD maps activation code & activation
***, a lot of money just for someone to plug a computer in, I have a genuine Audi SD card so I'll get my mate to have a look, you never know he might be successful.
Like I said he's a wizard !

It is but theirs no loophole it needs to be connected to audi servers with the activation code & licence code a SD card on its own doesn't work

***, a lot of money just for someone to plug a computer in, I have a genuine Audi SD card so I'll get my mate to have a look, you never know he might be successful.
Like I said he's a wizard !

Many have tried, all have failed - it has to go to a dealers for activation, no way around it unfortunately

The update or the NAV?

The updates come with a license and they work because I have done it.

The NAV may need activating but that can be done in VCDS so just need to find someone willing to activate that for you which will be at a fraction of the cost of the dealer.

this is one
13716145 1394772370539028 6204257100140186991 n