Sat Nav on the information display

Richard46

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which versions of recent (2017-18) A3 give the sat nav info diagram on the information display?
i.e. not just on the pop up screen and not with the virtual cockpit.

Any information much appreciated.

I think I have what you mean, on the DIS (I don’t have the virtual cockpit); the car is a 2017 Facelift 1.5 TFSI BE.

Dave

Reactions: Richard46
Can anyone tell me which versions of recent (2017-18) A3 give the sat nav info diagram on the information display?
i.e. not just on the pop up screen and not with the virtual cockpit.

Any information much appreciated.
If you mean a map display within the Driver Information Screen (DIS) between the analogue dials then none do. You only have maps display the virtual cockpit on the 8V MQB platform. All non-virtual cockpit vehicles with navigation will display direction and street name data only within a DIS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard46 and j0hnst0n00
If you mean a map display within the Driver Information Screen (DIS) between the analogue dials then none do. You only have maps display the virtual cockpit. All non-virtual cockpit vehicles with navigation will display direction and street name data only within a DIS.
That's a much better answer than mine, but I was alluding to the same thing!

If you mean a map display within the Driver Information Screen (DIS) between the analogue dials then none do. You only have maps display the virtual cockpit on the 8V MQB platform. All non-virtual cockpit vehicles with navigation will display direction and street name data only within a DIS.
Not quite true as you can display the navigation maps in the dis of a non vc in a b9 a4:
IMG 0076

Not quite true as you can display the navigation maps in the dis of a non vc in a b9 a4:
View attachment 173761

The B9 MLBevo platform is very very different to the MQB. Same goes for the B8 MLB which could have the same "mini" VC style maps display from circa 2013 ish I believe....

Reactions: josul
Then you are confusing me, as you stated that with all models with none vc dials it will not display maps within the dis. Yet my photo shows a non vc map display within the dis.
I guess when you are saying all models you mean all a3 models? So my apologies if I have come across all pedantic...

Then you are confusing me, as you stated that with all models with none vc dials it will not display maps within the dis. Yet my photo shows a non vc map display within the dis.
I guess when you are saying all models you mean all a3 models? So my apologies if I have come across all pedantic...
Well we are talking in the context of the A3 platform here are we not?

Reactions: PhilsA3
Not always it seems :)
Well it was prefaced with the MQB platform statement. Given this is the A3 8V forum I did not think I would be required to qualify every description with with MQB, A3 or indeed 8V next to it.

Reactions: PhilsA3
Thanks @DJAlix right I don't mean a full graphic map just a basic diagram with directions. I am sure I found an image earlier (which I cannot of course now find) which just showed a next turn diagram.
So I take it any A3 Display will give me that?

Thanks @DJAlix right I don't mean a full graphic map just a basic diagram with directions. I am sure I found an image earlier (which I cannot of course now find) which just showed a next turn diagram.
So I take it any A3 DIS will give me that?
This would be an example displays:

0005cdcb0835 3217 47f2 9
ImagesKit reequipamiento mmi navegador original 7 audi a3 8v 1

Reactions: Richard46
I consider the mmi system in the a4 old, then the a3 must be positively ancient then. However it is a shame the a3 boys can't have the same. Perhaps it can't come soon enough that they move away from the qnx based open source system or the manner in which audi implement it..

Yep, that's how my A3 1.5tfsi SL BE displays, and I wish it didn't, I would rather have the digital speedo, even when using sat nav....

I consider the mmi system in the a4 old, then the a3 must be positively ancient then. However it is a shame the a3 boys can't have the same. Perhaps it can't come soon enough that they move away from the qnx based open source system or the manner in which audi implement it..
Actually the systems (hardware in the unit and software) are the same, bar some of the available options and menus which are specific to each platform. The main difference is the external display options, as demonstrated by the image in your post above. The MLBevo platform has a more advanced analogue instrument cluster which is very much like a "mini" virtual cockpit. These are not always configured to display maps from the factory however.

The MMI systems within Audis have always been a bit behind in my opinion. My ride home from the airport the other day was a Toyota something-b0ll0x and its media system looked way better than what we get lol

edit: for mistypes, 2018 MacBook Pro Keyboard is just crap!

Yep, that's how my A3 1.5tfsi SL BE displays, and I wish it didn't, I would rather have the digital speedo, even when using sat nav....
can you not manually switch the display back to "car" and digital speed after nav has been activated?

can you not manually switch the display back to "car" and digital speed after nav has been activated?
Yep, just use the left and right arrows on the steering wheel. Left hand above the up down scroller/select button.

See above, I switch it off every time I use the sat nav.